Prevent closing of task when unchecked checklist items remain

angyan
angyan EN Basic Posts: 8 Beginner

Right now, when an attached checklist has open items, the parent task can be closed. Since there is no way to see that there are open checklist items right from the board, it's hard to know when a Task is not yet truly finished.

9 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @angyan ,

as promised you get my vote 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor

I'm in.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

U have my vote!👍️

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

@angyan I would note that it's interesting that on the mobile app there is a reflection of how many of the checklist tasks have been completed.

• angyan

I only use the desktop version so seeing the mobile version makes it seem like not showing the checklist item indication on desktop is a UI "bug" perhaps.

• Joerg Koper

Hi there @channing and @angyan 👋😉

have you registered that on an apple machine? On our windows machine the checklist indication is shown in the app and in the browser of course too.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• angyan

That is a task on MeisterTask on Windows 11, Microsoft Edge. That has a checklist with at least 10 unchecked items.

Is the due date perhaps overriding the checklist icon?

• Joerg Koper
    edited January 2023

That is indeed weird. So it must be a bug in the Windows 11 App 🤔

The due date and checklist indication in the App on a Windows 10 machine:

• angyan

This is odd. I don't see the checklist on any Windows operating system or browser. I just tested Chrome on Windows 10.

Is there a global setting I need to set on my account first? This seems like it's specific only to my account.

• Joerg Koper
    edited January 2023

Hi @angyan,

you may look at this setings in your account and compare it with yours:

I'm sure, we'll get this solved 😉

Best, Jörg

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

Hi @Jörg Koper indeed, my "indicators" was not checked and when I changed it now the checklist status is on each task. Hopefully that works for you too @angyan.

• angyan

Thanks, same here. Once I checked in indicators, the checklist status is on each task.

• Joerg Koper

Good morning @channing and @angyan,

I'm happy that this solution helped you 👍️

Have a good start into the new week

Jörg 👋🙂