Anyone have experience with setting up a board that tracks merchandise?

Richard
Richard EN Basic Posts: 20 Active Contributor
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi all, and thanks for the invites :D

I run a (very) small retail company on the East Coast and was wondering if anyone has experience tracking orders in MeisterTask? We already use it for office management and so would rather not get a separate tool for managing the limited orders we get. Anyone have experience with setting up a board that tracks merchandise? Thanks!

Best Answers

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Richard , thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community! 👋

We have several customers who've used MeisterTask to manage online orders, including both larger teams running massive online stores and individual users selling their own art on Etsy. Maybe some of them could offer some insight as well?😀

Because receiving and processing orders is a workflow which repeats itself, I'd personally recommend setting up a classic Kanban style board with "assign task" and "add checklist" automations to include all on the precise steps and information you need.

The more interesting step will be setting up an automation which transfers your orders to your kanban board. How you do this depends on how you receive orders. Do you receive them via E-Mail notification? In that case, you can easily use one of our native e-mail integrations to quickly transfer orders into a task. If you receive them via another 3rd party app, you can set up a Zapier automation to quickly trigger an automated task in your board for every incoming order.

Let me know if this helps! :D

-Andrew

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Answer ✓

Hi @Richard, one quick way to achieve that you want is to create a task in your Kanban board from the notification email you surely receive for each order.

Check this part of MeisterTask's documentation for more details.

I don't know what e-commerce solution you run for your business, but assuming it might be WooCommerce, you could have a more involved integration through an API connector like integrately.com

In the following link, you'll find more details for this "no-code" solution.

In case you don't use WooCommerce, just check with them if the solution you employ is available, most probably, it is.

You could also code an integration through MeisterTask's API, but you'll need development knowledge or a team of developers that make it for you.

You are welcome to contact me through DM in case I can support you in any additional way.

Best regards.

Andres D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

Answers

• Richard

bumping for visibility :D

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited September 2022

Hey @Richard, just wanted to add a tiny bit to @Andrew Lapidus' great advice there. @Nick Willemsens made a super cool project template for tracking the movement of goods from production sites to end customers and I thought you might be interested - you can find it here.

Hope it helps inspire! 😃

P.S. If it does turn out to be useful you can import the json file at the bottom of the post directly to your MeisterTask account and simply edit the details to make it relevant to your company.

• Richard

Thanks @Miša and @Andrew Lapidus !

• Richard

Wow, thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough suggestion @Andres D'Andrea. I really appreciate it and I'll take a more in depth look this afternoon. Great to meet you!

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

It's a pleasure to have a chance of sharing what I know about the tools I love and use everyday @Richard 😊

Thank you for giving me that opportunity. Please let me know in case I can help you further.

Best regards.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.