Anyone got an example of how to use Agenda?

Nathanael Coyne
Nathanael Coyne EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 56 Star Contributor
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

I get the Kanban board. I teach Scrum so I'm very comfortable with that.

But I don't understand the Agenda view. I want to make better use of it but for some reason it's not marrying up with how I think about work.

I would love to see some examples or hear some stories of how other people use the Agenda and how it benefits their productivity and scheduling?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @NathanaelCBR,

the agenda is a overview of your pins. Every column in the agenda is a pin. Means when you set a pin to a taks its shown in the agenda. This is how my agenda looks like:

As I said, I use the agenda as an overview of my "important" taks.

Hope I could help you. If you have more questions feel free to ask the community again!

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    edited February 2023

In my experience, Agenda works best when you're a part of many different projects (often associated with different teams, departments). If you're responsible for 5 different different tasks on 5 different projects, navigating between them becomes a bit of a chore! In this case, you can use your Agenda as @Rooster McNugget showed above - to prioritize these tasks on a personal board all in one place. (Love the DEFCON 1 category btw @Rooster McNugget 🐓🙌).

You might also find this post about Agenda useful, where @Andres D'Andrea posted some excellent agenda prioritization schemes.

Best,

Andrew

• Nathanael Coyne

Thanks @Rooster McNugget so you don't pin all your tasks and are happy to leave many of them in the assigned tasks column on the left?

• Nathanael Coyne

Thanks for the examples @Andrew Lapidus and @Rooster McNugget that has helped, I'm renaming the columns on my agenda to not be a duplicate of the project board. But I can't rename or delete the Focus column? What's special about Focus?

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @NathanaelCBR

Correct. I only Pin taks like this:

Defcon 1: important and urgent

Focus: important

the rest of the columns are with me for the projects. Especially construction projects. I mostly pin the start dates and then move them to the next pin "done" This as there are more people working on this project. In this way everyone can always see whether the work has already started or not and whether it has already been completed or not. It also often happens to me that I create new columns/pins for a short time because a project needs special attention. I also have pins/columns in the agenda for the team I work with.

I only pin important, urgent or important and urgent tasks. Teh remaining tasks ar all on the left side under "my taks". That works for me 'cause I basically schedule all my tasks.

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hello @NathanaelCBR one could think of the "Focus" feature as a universal place of "elevated importance" inside MeisterTask where to put tasks that required a little more attention.

As @Andrew Lapidus mentioned, there's no way of changing the name of that specific column, but I believe we can live with that unchangeable name "Focus" because it really defines what it's used for.

The best way to use the agenda in my opinion is like @Rooster McNugget mentioned: as an overview of all things that require attention.

In an unrelated note: that's a pretty cool username @NathanaelCBR... is the "CBR" part related to "motorcycles" 🏍 in any way?

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Nathanael Coyne

Sadly no I'm not into motorcycles. I liked the idea of them, tried to learn to ride on a Honda V Shadow but decided it wasn't for me. No, CBR is my city's abbreviation, Canberra. It's a beautiful city I was born here and lived here most of my life and the CBR tag is prominent in promotion of the city and I'm proud to be Canberran 😂

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Ohh, CBR = Canberra. Makes sense! ✅

The Shadow looks and sounds so good, especially the American Classic Edition. So much character! I had an SV650 that I sold last year. That machine drew so many smiles on my face… 😃 I miss it occasionally.

I just got myself a pretty good spanking in terms of geography @NathanaelCBR. I guess I'm not the only one with wrong beliefs about Australia's capital city.

To be honest, this is the first time I have heard the name Canberra in a non-military context. The Venezuelan Air Force had several bombers in the 70s named like your city. Various remain spread in museums.

I believe Canberras were sold to Argentina too and even fought in Malvinas (Falklands).

This one went so off-topic. Good to have you on board, friend.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

@Andres D'Andrea I see we've discovered another interest of yours ☺️.

I wonder why they named the bombers canberras!

• Admin BSF.company

@Miša the key is finding the time to do those things that make one happy. It's not always easy.

I just found this article related to your question, and apparently:

“In honour of Australia being the first export customer the aircraft was officially named the ‘Canberra’ (after the Capital of Australia) by Australian Prime Minister Bob Menzies in January 1951.” 

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @NathanaelCBR 👋🙂

I have written a comment about my usage of the agenda in this post. Maybe you find it useful or like to give it a try 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.