Linking to attachments and users via the @-key in task descriptions

Furkan Tokmak
Furkan Tokmak EN Basic Posts: 12 Beginner

Hi everyone.

For our team sometimes it is required to link users and attachments within the task descriptions. Currently it is possible to link users and attachments in task comments. It would be great to have that functionality within the task descriptions aswell.

Best regards.

Tagged:
4 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited January 2023

Hi @furukaan,

I hope I got you right...You need to insert Links and attachments into the task description and don't know how?

You can format the text (including hyperlinks) in the task description very easy:

You can find the related feature in the task description itself:

I hope that brings the solution for you 👋😉

...if you need to insert recurring texts and hyperlinks i'd recommand a shortcut tool.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

@Jörg Koper I'm guessing @furukaan was talking about using the @ symbol to mention other users and linking to attachments that are already attached to the task as a reference in the same way you can in the comments section. I would appreciate this as well so I'm upvoting!

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader
    edited March 2023

Hello together

I would be interested to know why you don't add the people who will be working on the task via the observer (watcher) function for tasks that have attachments and info? 

This way you don't have to link the people and attachments separately with @. At the same time, everyone has the task in their own tasks and full access to all info. 

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @channing,

thanks for the hint. Now I got it too and I like a feature request like that too 😊

Upvoted @furukaan's request too 👍️

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Furkan Tokmak
    Furkan Tokmak EN Basic Posts: 12 Beginner

@channing This is exaclty what I was talking about :)

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Love the suggestion as well, @Furkan Tokmak - take my upvote. 😁 I've edited the title to make the suggestion a bit more clear, hope that's alright!

To get a bit more context for our product team: could you (also @channing) describe why @-mentions in comments aren't fully sufficient for your purposes? I believe our team generally had the idea that these were only useful for conversations and communication, which is why they are only enabled in comments.

Thanks!

-Andrew

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

@Andrew Lapidus for us it's because we have the Slack integration installed so when I'm making a comment on the task it's because I want that to post to Slack and update everyone. But sometimes there's just a bit of information or a flag that doesn't have to go to everyone on the team and so I put that note in the description but I would still like it to show up as a notification in MT.