🧠 MeisterNote of the Month: Semester Planning (Education)

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
edited March 26 in Get Inspired

Hello MeisterNote community! 👋

MeisterNote is made for writing, so what better way to showcase our youngest tool than for teaching an English class? Read on to find out how MeisterNote can be used to train a group of unruly kids 🤪 in the art of the English language.

In this lesson plan for a semester of English grammar, MeisterNote is used to share knowledge and practical exercises with students 👩‍🎓. Students duplicate the plan to their private note while teachers easily monitor and assess progress throughout the semester with access to all notes.

Interested? Check out the highlights below and leave a comment to get access to the template 😃!

Note Highlights

Navigating Lessons with an Interactive ToC

Subheadings don't only break up text, they also make the entire page easily navigable by forming a table of contents accessible in the right sidebar 💪. Students can check the table of contents to access information directly and move seamlessly between explanations, examples and and exercises.

Increasing Engagement with Embedded Resources

It's rare for students to become immersed in a piece of text, which is why so many teachers and professors are increasingly integrating technology into classes 🧑‍💻. In this template, podcasts and videos are accessible from within the page, offering support for a variety of learning styles and some relief from an endless barrage of text.

Customized Content Blocks for Emphasis

Highlighting key information in bright colors draws attention to what's important, breaking up text, making it easier to read, and improving retention. Additionally, colored boxes are ideal for explanations and hints because they increase the likelihood that important information actually gets read and remembered.

I really wish I'd used MeisterNote when I was studying - it's such a neat way to document course content 🤩. Let me know what you think in the comments!

Best,

Miša

Comments

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Brilliant!

This could easily accelerate the process of reviewing assignments and providing feedback ✅

Not to mention the savings in paper if we consider one could run a whole class in MeisterNote.

This is a fascinating concept @Miša Hennin 👏👏👏👏👏

Thanks for sharing 👍

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi @Andres D'Andrea,

Thanks for your feedback! I do love pen and paper but you're right about saving resources. Or for example, at least all homework could be done via MeisterNote.

The template would also be appropriate for adult classes, e.g. teaching languages.

Best,

Miša

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    edited March 2023

@Miša Hennin what a beautiful 🤗🤗🤗🤗and potentially super helpful use case for MeisterNote in a learning environment, thank you so much for sharing! The actual content in the example (Grammer of the English Language) seems to be represented a thousandfold on the internet, so why another one in MeisterNote just to prove the features and beauty? But: Individually cut and customized notes to be shared with a specific group of learners in my opinion can be so much more than just MeisterNote-designed textbooks.
    After sharing it's also a kind of lifetime-dynamic textbook to which students can enhance and add their individual content and/or links to other content as seems most helpful to them, as kind of a learning/knowledge system of brain-represented memory plus integrated digital notes, made for lifelong learning and sharing.

Then there are all kinds of possibilities to integrate Mindmaps into these notes. Biggerplate offers a lot of great language-learning maps. And, of course, using MeisterTask (or other project/task management tools) to manage the overall learning process and time-manage daily and weekly repeating or individual learning sessions. Guided, by instructors and teachers, or self-defined, autonomous learning projects, maybe still using e-learning platforms for guidance, this opens a huge mental treasure of learning- and knowledge-base models where this way of using MeisterNote might come in extremely well, as individually organized, trimmed and in design-customized content. Consulting- and Content-providing business models are not to be excluded.

I would not agree about avoiding paper completely but will put that opinion into another post to keep this one clean. Yet whatever I could say pro paper, I think that in no way can paper-only concepts come anyway near to what your, Misa's, exemplary way of MeisterNote use can offer in autonomous- as well as guided/instructed/collaboratory learning, for learners at any variation of age, matter, and/or time investment. Not by magnitudes. 👍️💪👋

Best, Olaf

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Olaf Roeb,

It was a pleasure to read this comment - Thank you!

Absolutely. Teachers could share this standardised MeisterNote with their students and allow it to become a living document which progresses with each student through the course of their studies. Students would have everything stored in one location and easily explorable using the search function. I love the phrase dynamic textbook! We learn best when we are actively engaged, so dynamism really complements learning in this way!

The potential of integrations is great! I'm glad you brought it up because I didn't mention them above. But yes, any brainstorms or essay planning sessions etc. can easily be embedded from MindMeister. Similarly, what better way to organize all due assignments than in MeisterTask? And students could link content blocks in this note directly to the relevant assignments in MT.

Thank you so much for your thorough and considered feedback. You've actually given me so many new ideas about this template!

Best,

Miša

• CL Webb
    CL Webb EN Basic Posts: 33 Star Contributor

Absolutely. I can use it for all sorts of teaching/lesson plans & courseware.

CL Webb ?
    ———

• Miša Hennin

Hey @CL Webb great to hear!

If you like, I can add you to the MeisterNote where we store the templates we share in the Community? Then you can explore it (and others) in a bit more depth.

Let me know!

Best,

Miša

• CL Webb

CL Webb ?
    ———

• Miša Hennin

Not at all. It's in our note taking tool MeisterNote.

A few months ago we released external sharing which means I can store longer templates/text/information in MeisterNote and share it with users via email.

Best,

Miša

• CL Webb

Oh yeah, I saw that featured mentioned in the community. Yeah, that would be great! 🙂

CL Webb ?
    ———

• Miša Hennin

Okay I've added you - You can find the template here! Let me know what you think 😁.

Best,

Miša

• CL Webb

Thanks, got it… have a great rest of your day!

CL Webb ?
    ———

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Thanks so much for sharing Miša!

Definitely totally agree with @Olaf Roeb's comments here — To extend the topic beyond education, we've heard from users in several industries who appreciate the ability to share an aesthetically pleasing and customized lesson plans/wikis/docs with their clients.

Just spoke to a piano teacher who uses MeisterNote to share lesson plans & notes with remote students — it really struck me how important it was to her to have a very presentable way of sharing resources with her customers and show "professionality" to externals.

You said it all with "Dynamic Textbook", Olaf!

Best,

Andrew

• Miša Hennin

Wow, using MN for teaching an instrument sounds super interesting. I'd never thought of this use case before. When somebody talks about using MeisterNote for teaching my go-to thought is in the classroom. Teaching obviously extends far beyond the classroom and so does MeisterNote it seems!

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Very cool use case 😀! I'd appreciate access this this note as well.