🥇 Badge of the Month: Organization/ March

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
edited April 2023 in Community Café

Hey,

Welcome to March and the next Badge of the Month! As part of our Rewards Program, Badge of the Month gives you an easy way to join in and connect with others, and earn a new badge. Your answers don't have to be Meister-related, we'd just like to hear from you 😃.

Want to know the rules? Check out this post.

Already know the rules? Read on to find out what this month is all about!

Badge of the Month: March 2023

Spring is just around the corner; it's time to brush away the cobwebs, clean your windows and clear out all the clutter that's amounted during the winter months. But spring cleaning isn't just about getting your home in order - It's an opportunity to set yourself up for a fresh start by reorganizing your workspace.

Whether this means tidying up your desk, filing your documents or choosing a digital organizational aid, we want to hear about it! To earn this badge, tell us how you're planning to get yourself organized.

Best,

Miša

Comments

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

My remote storage folders would benefit from some cleaning, for sure!

Deletion of old (archived) files and folders, to make space for new stuff.

Thanks for the initiative @Miša

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited March 2023

Nice badge of the month @Miša 😎

We've created some new project boards, that belong to our shortened and fresh workflows. That also means to reorganize data (new and old) on local and cloud based storage.

And of course to clean up our minds, to get the new workflows integrated into our daily work-routine. In my opinion, the most important tool for getting perfectly organized, is a good Life-Balance.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @Miša

Cool Badge-idea! 👍️

To be honest, I'm not really good at "cleaning up". I'm a little data messie! 🙃 You never know if you need some informations from the past in the future! 😋

But what I alwas do at the beginning of the year is generously delete my e-mail archive. Hope this counts! 😆

Cheers volks!🍻

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Marlene Lechner
    Marlene Lechner Admin, MeisterLobster, DE Business Posts: 51 Success Manager

Hi @Miša :)

I love to have all of my stuff organised, however when looking at my desktop and my notes right now, you probably wouldn't think so 😂

Therefore, I really want to take this cool opportunity here and make a commitment to actually clean up all of the files on my laptop and organise my desktop properly. I also want to make sure to categorise all of my personal notes that are piling up in MeisterNote, be it meeting notes, message drafts or just random thoughts I have written down.

Let's see how this goes 😁

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

Hey, great post - I'm a huge fan of spring cleaning and starting fresh 😅!

I always see spring as pre-exam season so I love taking time to go through my lesson plans, check up on organization and structure and make sure everything is in order. I also aim to lighten the homework/ assignment load for my students for a few weeks and encourage them to spend this time preparing their revision notes and checking if anything is missing from their folders. This sets us all up for a more successful and stress-free exam period!

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

I agree with @Emily here - after so years of university and teaching, I also tend to think of the onset of Spring as a final pause before the whirlwind sprint at the end of the academic year. It's also the time when January's new year's resolutions hit a crucial period: will they become lasting changes or will they drop away in Feb/March?

For this reasons, I always to keep my mental and organizational “spring cleaning” focused on a re-commitment to my goals and to consciously avoid of the sloppiness that can creep in as the weather gets warmer. Right now, this means trying to maximize my focus time while working (I was really inspired by @Liis Monson‘s AMA response about deep work!) and minimizing distraction.

Outside of work, I'm doing some “actual” Spring cleaning by organizing several improvement projects for my apartment in an MT board! 🙃 😅

• Douglas Boyce
    Douglas Boyce MT Tester, EN Pro Posts: 20 Star Contributor

My amazing Bride just went through and data scrubbed all of the customer email addresses to make sure everything is up-to-date and allowed us to reconnect with those who might not have been reading our newsletters or attending our weekly workshops.

More people need motivation and training rather than just new features. They just need to know WHAT they can do and break out of the routine of HOW they do things.

#SpringCleaning

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts here!

@Douglas Boyce I agree - breaking bad habits is really key. I've been working on better habit management since the new year and have managed to stick with it so far 😀.

In terms of spring cleaning, mine is very much physical. At home I have boxes full of old essays, birthday cards and notes. My goal this spring is to go through all of these drawers and boxes and clear out anything I don't feel is valuable anymore (i.e. most of it). It's difficult because I always think "Hm, maybe this will have a use one day, maybe I'll want to read this one day" etc. I'm going to work on having a stricter approach and really clearing out.

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

☝ Funny image! Thanks for the laugh @Cornelia Patscheider 😆

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Miša Hennin
    edited March 2023

@Cornelia Patscheider I completely forgot about the Favorites feature 😅!!!

Thanks for this tip. I definitely need to do the same because I spend forever scrolling through notes to find the one I want!

Thanks,

Miša

• CL Webb
    CL Webb EN Basic Posts: 33 Star Contributor

I've been SPring Cleaning the whole month of March… and I'm almost set for the rest of the year!

Well, at least a week to two. 🙂

Hope your efforts have you organized and ready.

Best Regards,
    CL Webb
    ———

CL Webb ?
    ———

• Miša Hennin

Hi @CL Webb, you're doing better than me then 😁!

• CL Webb

CL Webb ?
    ———

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

I'm trying to make a habit of going through my downloads folder and my desktop at the end of every day and deleting things I've stored there that are just temporary. Doing this while it's fresh in my mind means I don't have to think hard about whether this is a document I actually need (which is what I struggle with when I leave it to build up).

At home I'm trying to go through my house with the mindset of can someone else benefit from this right now more than I can? Thinking about how I frequently hold on to things because I think I might need them, or maybe I could sell it somewhere, but the reality is I don't. So I just think, is there someone out there who needs this more than I do? And if the answer is yes, working to get it out the door.

• CL Webb

I've been doing a lot of the same!

This Spring I also went through a backlog of years of emails from my vendors, suppliers and service providers and deleted old emails that were no longer of use (mostly promotional!)

CL Webb ?
    ———

• Miša Hennin

@Channing Kelly good idea! i never do this and then am overwhelmed when i actually pay attention to my desktop after a few months. 😅 it gets horrifying!

@CL Webb oo you've made me think of a great thing to do - going through and unsubscribing from all the marketing emails I get from airlines, clothing stores, social media…

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Oh man — this is an excellent point @Miša Hennin and @CL Webb! Filtering e-mail for spam and unsubbing newsletters has to be one of the most important modern digital "spring cleaning tasks." I donated to a political campaign over a decade ago and my e-mail inbox has never been the same 😅 #imnotcrying

This discussion has been closed.