? Best Practices: Bring projects shared by Basic-Users into a business account
Hello dear community ??
Many of you are currently wondering how to deal with the changes resulting from the restrictions on sharing projects between Basic-Uers and Business-Users announced for 7 December 2023.
I have a little workaround for you:
- Business-User opens the project shared by Basic-User.
- Export project in JSON format.
- Import exported project into MeisterTask.
The project is now available as newly imported in the list. It can be recognised by the fact that it does not yet have an icon. This project is now owned by the business user and no warning icon should be visible.
- Drag the newly imported project in the project list (dashboard sidebar) under the original. This makes the further steps easier.
- The newly imported project now contains all (copied) tasks, but the attachments and comments from the original are missing.
- So go back to the original project and move the relevant tasks to the newly imported project. Keep in mind, that you have the option to select multiple tasks at once ??
- Pay attention to the correct columns here. After moving, you will have the tasks in the corresponding columns twice, but this is not a problem at all.
- The copies (without attachments) in the newly imported project can now be deleted, as they have been replaced by the originals (incl. attachments) ?
- Moving the original task to the new project should also save the comments.
To be able to work on the project together with the Basic-User again, the Business-User invites him and business can continue as usual ?
You are welcome to let me know how it worked for you.
Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.
Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.
Free Online Courses:
- All Categories
- MeisterTask Feature Board
- MeisterTask Academy
- Help Center
- 1.1K MindMeister Community
- 766 MeisterTask
- 187 MeisterNote
- Ask a Question
- Community auf Deutsch
- 264 MeisterTask - DE
- 69 Community Central
- 12 MindMeister en Español