Filter function - only show "due date today" tasks

Options
Rooster McNugget
Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 603 Community Leader

I think it would be great if there was a filter that would only show tasks that are due. This would give you a better overview of all the tasks that are due. And having an “empty” board/agenda every now and then would also feel good. ;)

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

3 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 654 Community Admin
    edited March 20
    Options

HI @Rooster McNugget ,

thank you for that idea! Could you explain a bit more what you mean here? MeisterTask already has such a filter in the Agenda, in project board and in the Reports, so I am trying where else it would be useful to you.

Could you explain the situation you are in when you wish you had such a filter, and where exactly you are in MeisterTask and what you are trying to achieve? Thank you 🙏

Here are a few ways you can use the existing "due tasks" filters:

How can I see all my due tasks on one project?

At the moment you can already filter your board view:
    Filters are located in the sidebar on the right-hand side of your project board. To open the filters sidebar:

1. Click the sidebar icon in the top-right corner of your project board.
    2. Switch from the Activity Stream to the Filters Sidebar by clicking the filters icon (three lines).

How can I see all my due tasks for all projects?

If you would like to show due tasks for more than one project, then I would recommend to use Reports. Quick reports are standardized Reports with preset filters. You can choose from 5 different types of quick reports, each focussing on a specific type of task:

• All Open Tasks
    • Recently Created Tasks
    • All Completed Tasks
    • Recently Completed Tasks
    • All due Tasks

You can narrow down the All due Tasks Quick Report by additionally choosing an assignee, so you can see All Due Tasks that are assigned to you.

How can I see all my due tasks on the Agenda?

Sort the tasks in each section by hovering your mouse over the section header and selecting the downwards arrow to access the drop-down menu.

Would any of these filters help achieve what you were looking for?

• Rooster McNugget
    Options

Hello @Cornelia Patscheider

The point is that, for example, I can see all tasks in the agenda, regardless of whether they are due or not. They are listed there because I have assigned the tasks their respective pins. It would be great if you could hide the tasks that are “not” due. As far as I know, this is not yet possible

today.This is possible in the project board, but the filter is automatically reset when you hide the filter again. It would be great here if the filter, e.g. "Due date today" remained valid when you hide the filter function.

I also don't want to have to create a report every time just to see the tasks that are due.

Best, Rooster

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 654 Community Admin
    Options

Ah, thanks for the explanation! So that would be two feature ideas, right? One for the agenda and one for a project:

• Agenda: a filter to show and hide tasks with and without due dates.
    • Project: The current filters should not be automatically reset when you close the right sidebar.

• Rooster McNugget
    Options

If agenda and projects are looked at separately by Meister, then yes, you're right, they are two feature ideas.

• Andy Barr
    Andy Barr EN Pro Posts: 6 Beginner
    Options

This is REALLY a basic feature that should be simple to use.

I've wasted the last 10 minutes trying to get a saved filter in reports to show me tasks only assigned to me but having to go into reports and do all this just to see what is due today is crazy.

The dashboard is 80% a blank page. Totally wasted. It could easily go on this section and be clear and simple so you can see what tasks are due today.

I know it shows due tasks on the right column BUT I dont want to see 400 due later or unscheduled tasks for the rest of the year. I just want a clear view of what is due today.

If you think about doing it on paper…..you write down a list of tasks to do today. Then you cross them off when you do them and you end up with everything done. The way meister has designed the system is the same but when you complete everything for the day the never ending list of every task for the year is still on the paper in the same list!

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Options

Hi @Andy Barr ,

thanks for the feedback! I realize that this is quite a big pain point, that the Due Date filters are not solving right now. A Due Today filter is indeed quite different from Due Date filter.

I think it would be a great idea to use some of the space on the dashboard for having a bucket with all tasks due today.

• Andy Barr
    Andy Barr EN Pro Posts: 6 Beginner
    Options

A simple option would be just to add a filter option in dashboards My Tasks column to just show "Due Today" then you can see what to today without seeing the rest.