How do I start my first Mind Map

Options
Yvonne Culverwell
Yvonne Culverwell EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited April 22 in Ask the Community

I have recently started with the free option but when I try to start with making my first

Mind map I just get a notice that I must UPGRADE what sort of place have I come to

it seems I cannot do anything unless I upgrade.

I am not yet ready to Upgrade I first want to try it out.

Please can somebody help me.

Yvonne Culverwell

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Yvonne!

You can definitely use MindMeister in the Basic version for free. With this version, you can make up to 3 maps and use a range of features.

I think I might know what's going on.

I've checked the backend and although you've made only one map, you've also been invited to three by Steve Dotto. This brings you to a total of 4 maps. Since you're on Basic, maybe this is why it's telling you to upgrade.

I suggest you click the ellipsis (…) and Leave on any maps of Steve's you don't need to be part of.

Once you have two or fewer maps, hopefully, the Upgrade nagger will disappear, and you'll be able to experiment with a new map.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Best,

Answers

• Yvonne Culverwell
    Yvonne Culverwell EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

Hi Misa

Thank you so much, I had a feeling that it had something to do with those Mind Maps from Steve Dotto, but I was unsure how to get rid of them.

I do appreciate your help.

Kindest regards

Yvonne Culverwell

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Options

Hi!

No worries - That's what I'm here for!

I hope that solves the issue :).

Best,