💡 Feature Request: Link Sharing for Notes

Options
Andrew Lapidus
Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Several users have reached out to ask for an additional update to MeisterNote's external sharing system: Sharing notes via a URL link which would not require the guest user to sign in.

Note sharing would then work similarly to sharing mind maps.

(I wanted to post this feature request to consolidate votes and feedback made by @Jarl Denninghaus, @Dessy and @Oliver Wich on our external sharing post, and to offer updates on this request outside of that thread.)

24 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks for taking this on @Andrew Lapidus 🙏

I think this feature is absolutely needed by many users, me included. MeisterNote could bring a completely fresh "note" into publishing leaflets, handouts, white papers and many more.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Oliver Wich
    Oliver Wich DACH Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 80 Star Contributor
    Options

@Andrew Lapidus Any news on that topic?

Uspkilling Enthusiast. Empowering a new Generation of Legal Experts.

• Tim Strupat
    Tim Strupat DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 21 Active Contributor
    Options

Same question here, is there any update on this? Unfortunately, we cannot use Meisternote for our current use cases (sharing a project plan with external stakeholders, for example). It is extremely surprising that this has not been implemented, more than a year after it was first requested here in the community. For now, we have to use Notion then.

Stay enthusiastic and organised!

Tim

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 634 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Oliver Wich MyJEM and @Tim Strupat ,

if you are interested to see what is on the roadmap and what is coming next, please take a look at this category "Under consideration" and this category "in Development" in the community.

If the status of this feature idea changes in any way, then I will update this thread accordingly, of course. For now there is no update to report, this feature is open for voting.

If you want to explore more want new feature our team has brought to life, then I would recommend reading up on the last posts about "What's New and What's Next" in the announcement category.

Here is the latest summary

• Tim Strupat
    Tim Strupat DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 21 Active Contributor
    edited February 29
    Options

@Cornelia Patscheider thanks! You shared the MeisterTask links, but this thread relates to Meisternote. I see that currently, nothing is "under consideration". It is just a shame that this topic was first remarked on by a user in 2022 (below), and that it was marked as implemented, even though it was not properly implemented (as evident from the thread below, in which most users commented that they will not use the external sharing feature as is, because it is not simple enoughn and @Andrew Lapidus agreed), and that it still is not on the roadmap. Again, I believe that this is an essential feature of any note app, and at least for us, right now Meisternote is completely unusable due to the lack of external sharing via link.

Stay enthusiastic and organised!

Tim