How to restore topics lost in loading mode?

Options
Pedro
Pedro EN Basic Posts: 7 New Here
edited April 2023 in Ask the Community

I was rearranging some topics and I wasn't happy with the results so I started undoing the last few (say 10-20) actions. All of a sudden, the app went into loading mode (round icon in the center of the screen) and never reloaded the page. After a while I refreshed the page and all the topics after a certain point disappeared.

I am now unable to undo and I lost a bunch of information.

I'm using the free plan.

Advice, please.
Thanks!

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Pedro,

As the undo function wasn't working, it is possible that the previous topics were not synced due to poor connection.

Best,

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Hello @Pedro, thanks for posting your question here.

I know from experience that MindMeister is a RAM intensive web application. Considering this, I try to close as many unused browser tabs and programs when I'm mapping with MindMeister because I've noticed that when the app suffocates (not enough RAM to work with) it behaves like you described.

I concluded that it's not actually an issue with MindMeister, but instead, limitations of my hardware and the way I use the tool what produces that behavior.

Having said that, I know that Pro users can restore historic versions of a mind map, but you say you're on the free plan, so, I'm not certain how we could solve your issue.

If I were in your shoes, I'd tray contacting support from my MindMeister dashboard:

I hope you find a solution quickly.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Pedro
    Options

Thanks Andrea.

However, I don't have that "Contáctanos" option.

:-/

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Pedro,

Unfortunately, loading mode means that connection was lost. MindMeister only works when you're connected to the internet so this means changes weren't synced.

I'm sorry abotu this!

Best,

Miša

• Pedro
    Options

Miša,

I don't mind not having the changes saved. I just want to retrieve the topics I had previously that disappeared.

• Pedro
    Options

The topics I'm referring to were created the day before (or earlier).

Does your answer still applies in this case?