Can I share mind maps with a large group and only allow one e-mail domain to access a map?

Options
Emily
Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Thanks for the invite! I am trying to share a mind map with a large university class - a little less than 1000 students. Adding everyone's e-mail to the map members project is not possible, but at the same time I don't want to just make my map public via link - this is a private course syllabus. Can I share with a large group and only allow one e-mail domain to access a map?

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Emily - so glad you reached out! I also used to used mind maps for syllabi and brainstorming with students during COVID-caused remote work. In my case, I just embedded the mind map into the course modules on our Learning Management Platform (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas).

As you point out though, embedding a map does indeed place it into the public map library - if this doesn't meet your security standards, the easiest way to share the mind map with your students would be via a shareable link. Let me know if this helps!

Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,352 Community Admin
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi @Emily , and welcome to the community! 👋

There isn't currently a way to immediately share a mind map with an entire e-mail domain, but it sounds like a great feature request! Sounds like you might need something like a "Team Mind Map", similar to Team Projects in MeisterTask.

I know @Andrew Lapidus used to use mind maps when he taught at a university - any insight here?

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor
    Options

Hey @Andrew Lapidus - wonderful, thank you! I think via shareable link might be the way to go at the moment ☺️.