How do I print my mind map "Outline"?

Options
Deb B
Deb B EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited June 2023 in Ask the Community

Is it possible to print the Outline of the mind map? When I look at the outline on my screen everything is in the correct order but when I export to a pdf of the whole mind map and outline, the outline order is now all over the place.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best Answer

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Deb B and welcome to the community 👋🙂

When you create a mind map, it is important to remember that MindMeister only sees the order in which the items were created.

So if you change the order of these items later, MindMeister will still print them as they were created. I have covered this topic more detailed in this post. I hope this helps you out.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Answers

• Deb B
    Deb B EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

Thanks for that. It would be great in future updates if MindMeister was a bit more dynamic. Often the process of mind mapping is to just get stuff out of your head and then arrange it in the order you want it later. There is an obvious benefit to then being able to print whichever version of the map and the 'outline' that you are working with. Do you know if there are any plans for this in the future or if there is another way it can be done?

Thanks again for the response.

Bes, Deb.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Definitely agree with your feedback here Deb, and have forwarded this on to our product team. I also find the order of the map outline to be somewhat unintuitive. Our team is currently reviewing this — I'll keep this and the other thread Jörg mentioned updated with our plans.

Best,

Andrew

• Aaron Perkinson
    Aaron Perkinson EN Pro Posts: 1 Beginner
    Options

Yes, I too use MindMeister to brainstorm or to summarize information and then print it out in an outline form. That is all I need…the ability to export or print the mindmap as it is in Outline view.

Thanks for considering this option for the near future.