How to export to powerpoint in more logical order?

Options
CliffS
CliffS EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited June 2023 in Ask the Community

I have a very complicated mindmap I would like to export to powerpoint in an order that makes sense — i.e., with child ideas following the main idea they are related to. But when I use the function something else happens: the slides go through level one ideas, then level two ideas, then level three ideas, creating a deck that is complete nonsense. To make things worse, the expert seems to break up the ideas a bit randomly. Does anyone have a fix for this, that would really help in transforming a complex mindmap into a powerpoint deck?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @CliffS and welcome to the community 👋🙂

Can you please have a look at the mind map in outline mode? Is the order in outline mode shown correctly or identically with your description?

MindMeister orders mind maps in the background like users create them, but when a user reorders and/or renames nodes after having created them to a different order, it's getting a bit confusing, because MindMeister adheres only to the original sequence. This behaviour leads to the often described "chaos" in the export.

I have published a little workaround for similar situations:

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Answers

• KC
    KC EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    edited October 2023
    Options

I'm not sure my scenario fits the above, I created the map in sequence but the Outline mode starts with the 4th or 5th branch at the the top every time. This happens on every new map and ignores any reordering I do.

Is there a way to reorder branches in outline mode?

Thanks

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @KC,

can you please try to re-order the topics by detaching them all and then pull them to the main topic in the desired order again?

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.