Disappearing topics due to pressing the backspace key too many times when erasing many characters

Options
frog style
frog style EN Basic Posts: 9 Beginner

I apologize for asking this question so often,

Often when I use the backspace key to erase several characters in a row of text in a topic in a mind map, I press the key too many times and the topic itself disappears, and I have to start over to bring the topic back.
This is a minor stress.

When erasing text in a topic with the backspace key, I hit it too many times, and if I hit the backspace key still when the number of characters reaches zero, the topic disappears.

I think that is true, but is there any way to set it so that if I accidentally hit the backspace key too many times, it will not erase any topics but that one?

Of course, if there is a topic that I want to delete, I can click somewhere else and then click again and press the backspace key to delete the topic.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @frog style 👋🙂

First…there's nothing you have to excuse for. I absolutely understand what you mean. Working in a "productivity mode" can sometimes be difficult, when it comes to problems like you described.

If you have accidentally deleted a topic, you can always get back the related steps with the restore feature. If you'd like to know, how exactly the delete tab is working, you can have a look at MindMeister's shortcuts. You may find it useful for further productive work with MindMeister.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.