How to share a template with my students?

Options
Jean Marrapodi
Jean Marrapodi EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited July 2023 in Ask the Community

I created this template for my college students to use as a foundation for building their assignments. https://www.mindmeister.com/app/map/2844122445?t=CAZ0nOwAW4

In the past, they were able to copy it and edit it as their own. Now they are getting a view only option when they create their account and try to copy it. They use the free accounts.

These are my settings. It appears that the link is only Edit or View. Did you change your setup, or did I set this up incorrectly? I thought a template was shareable. My goal is to let them have this framework as a starting point. How should I set this up?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jean Marrapodi and welcome to the Community!

Your students can use the template via 2 methods:

1. Your students can duplicate the mind map and use it in their own accounts. I tested this with the map you attached and now have my own copy, so it works!
    2. You can publish your template to the Public Maps Universe and share the link with your students. Then they will see the option to 'copy and edit' the map.

Please let me know if I can help any further!

Best,

Miša

Answers