Embedded Maps not displaying (Frame-Options set to 'sameorigin')

Options
Consilience Collaboration
Consilience Collaboration EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited July 2023 in Ask the Community

Hello guys,

I have a problem with showing/opening my mind maps. I shared them via iframe on my website and it worked for a few weeks, but recently noticed that those maps are not showing up in iframe, because of this reason(issue recorder in Google Chrome Developer Console directly on my website):

Refused to display 'https://www.mindmeister.com/' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

I didn't change anything on my website, it just stopped working overnight.

I double checked it also on my other website and there is the same issue.

Did mindmesiter changed policy for sharing mind maps or what can be the reason?

Looking forward for your help.

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all — thanks for reaching out and sorry for the frustration here. I've been able to replicate the bug, and our dev team is investigating the issue. I'll keep this thread updated with more information as it becomes available as we implement a fix.

Thanks and sorry for your patience,

Andrew

Answers

• Filipe
    Filipe EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

I have the same issue that you have.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Options

Hi to you both from our side — I'm not aware of any changes made to our sharing policies that would have affected map embeds. I'm bringing some devs into this conversation and will get back to you both ASAP. Apologies for the issue here,

Best,

Andrew

• Stratoplan Inc.
    Stratoplan Inc. EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

Hello. My maps stopped working

I decide to create an another map. Made a copy of a previous.

And finally — the same situation. "mindmeister does not allow connection"

Pls help

Website — https://stratoplan-school.com/step/roadmap/

• Andrew Lapidus
    Options

Hi all: I suspect that this issue may be related to the migration to the new editor. You may need to retrieve a new embed code for your maps, as explained here.

If you replace the old embed code with the new iframe embed code, does this solve the issue?

Best,

Andrew

• Consilience Collaboration
    Consilience Collaboration EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

@Andrew Lapidus
    Hello,

I don't see any change in published code. I copy only the url for published map in format:
    https://www.mindmeister.com/2702557800/chatgpt-unifier

Then I wrap it into my own html code, some dropdowns, dynamic selecting etc

The url is the same as was before. When I unpublish map and publish once again the url is the same as well, so from my perspective there is no effect, still problem with 'sameorigin'

• Andrew Lapidus
    Options

@CCI could you send me a DM with the embed code you are using?