How to be informed about new tasks in a project?

Options
Daniel Kempkes
Daniel Kempkes DE Pro Posts: 6 Beginner
edited August 2023 in Ask the Community

I would like to be informed (ideally once a day) by e-mail about all newly created tasks of my team members.

Unfortunately, I could not make this setting anywhere or have I overlooked it?

Answers

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor
    Options

@Daniek I would love this too! I don't think there is an email functionality, but you could use the reporting feature to see, for example, tasks created today where you have been assigned. In theory you could also save that report for easy quick reference, however the one severe limitation of the reporting functionality is that you cannot save a report if it's run on more than 50 projects.

• Daniel Kempkes
    Options

@Channing Kelly Thank you for the idea. But that's not what I'm looking for. I don't think this function exists and it would make the work easier for many decision-makers.

• Channing Kelly
    Options

@Daniek are you looking for a single email at the end of the day showing all new tasks?

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Daniek and welcome to the community 👋🙂

When I want to be informed about new created tasks, I use the automations. This way I can decide in which project and sections I need this information and to get notified by email:

I hope, you find this useful too @Channing Kelly 🙂

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Daniel Kempkes
    Options

@joerg

Thats a good idea.

• Channing Kelly
    Options

@Joerg Koper yes, I use automations all the time as well, but I don't think @Daniek wants one off automations, e.g. an email message every time a new task is assigned, my interpretation is that he's looking for a consolidated list of new tasks on an end of day basis.

One possibility might be setting up a Zapier Digest automation. I know that can go to Slack so I have to imagine it could also go to email. Just waiting to hear from @Daniek for clarity on what it is he wants.

• Channing Kelly
    Options

@Daniek I just did a quick Zap test and you can set up a daily email using Zapier to notify you of all new tasks created over the past day if indeed that's what you're seeking. Multi-step Zaps do require a paid plan so I guess it depends on how valuable this feature is to you as to whether or not you want to pay for that feature.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    edited August 2023
    Options

Good point Channing 👏🙂

I love your idea related to Zapier.

@Daniek, maybe you like to submit a feature request for a Meister based solution. I'd definitely vote for it 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.