Does any other mind-mapping tool support the import of .mind files?

Options
Moritz Martin
Moritz Martin DE Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited August 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi Guys,

I wondered if any other mind-mapping tool supports the import of .mind files?

The reason why i am asking is because i want to know how fast and reliably i can access content stored on those files in case Mindmeister would ever be down.

Thanks in advance

Moritz

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,402 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @mmartin91 and welcome to the community 👋🙂

You can of course export your mind maps:

I'm sure, that MindMeister will remain with us for a long time. But it is for sure sometimes a great advantage, to have the option to export mind maps into other formats. I hope this helps you out.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Moritz Martin
    Moritz Martin DE Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

Hi @Joerg Koper

thank you for your fast response.

Let me clarify my question.

I regularly download and store my mindmaps in the proprietary mindmeister format. (.mind file)
    Now I wonder if it is possible to open those files with any other mind mapping tool on the market or only with mindmeister itself.

If it is possible to open the files with at least one other mind mapping tool and I have certainty that I can always access the content stored in those mindmaps irrespective of mindmeister, I don't need to create backups in another mind mapping format.

Best, Moritz

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,402 Community Leader
    Options

Hi Moritz,

I do understand what you mean, but the .mind format is a Meister format. So, if you'd like to export it to another format, you need to use the export feature in MindMeister 😉

I think it's absolutely OK to regularly save (export) a second file in an external format for security reasons. But I'm sure, that Meister would never leave his customers with a file format, that they can't open any longer ☝️👀

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.