wiki-like links

Options
Thomas G.
Thomas G. DE Business Posts: 3 Beginner

To use MeisterNote for knowledge management like a wiki, one of the most important features is to link keywords in the note to their own page/note, like in Wikipedia.

All I can find is that you have to go to the target not, there to copy the link from the first block, then go back to the note you were writing and paste the link there. That's very cumbersome as there are many keywords in a single note so you always have to leave the article you're writing. The expected behavior is: writing a note > mentioning a keyword > make it a link > all existing pages are suggested > choose the target > done. Did I just miss it?

3 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Thomas G. and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I like your suggestion and would love to see it implemented too. What do you think about writing a related feature request? I think, it would be an awesome addition for MeisterNote. I would definitely vote for it 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Options

@Joerg Koper I just changed this post into a feature request!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    edited August 2023
    Options

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Thomas G.
    Options

Great, thank you Jörg and Miša!

We use MindMeister and MeisterTask in my company and need to set up a wiki for knowledge management and documentation. So MeisterNote came along at the right moment. 😀 Just without good "linkability" it's not usable for this purpose.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    Options

You have my vote, too! 👍️

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Thomas G.
    Options

For the meantime I found a workaround: When writing the article and you come to a keyword you want to link to another article, you search for thetarget in the left panel (this won't take you away from the article you are writing), right click it and select "copy link"; this link you then insert. No more need to leave the article you're writing.

Nevertheless, it's a workaround and doesn't take away from my wish for "correct" linkability. 😉