How can I type 8) without it becoming an emoji?

Options
Marry
Marry EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited August 2023 in Ask the Community

Eu digito "8)" no meu mapa do tipo lista e ele retorna 😎 e eu não consigo desfazer.

English: I'm typing " 8) " on my map, as a topic, and it's returning an emote ( 😎 ) and I can't undo it.

Best Answer

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Marry and welcome to the community 👋🙂

Interesting question. I tried it out and I had the same result. What you can do is, to write .8) or '8) instead. This may not be the answer you probably hoped to get, but as far as I can see, it seems the only way to prevent getting an emoji.

To delete the emoji from the topic, you just have to double-click on a PC or double tap the topic on a mobile device. You can then change the title or delete it.

I hope I could help you out a little bit 😎😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    Options

Hey! To add to Jörg's answer, how about using 8.? I'm guessing the 8) was for a list of items 1-8 and 8. also looks neat but doesn't turn into an emoji 😁.

Best,

• charlesjmorris
    charlesjmorris EN Basic Posts: 6 Beginner
    Options

I agree this is annoying - I run into it when noting page numbers for quotes in research. Would be great to disable it but for now I just put a space between the 8 and the ).