[RESOLVED] Why do attached images not appear in pdf export?

Options
T S
T S EN Basic Posts: 8 Beginner
edited August 2023 in Ask the Community

Dear supporter,

I want to keep my written mindmap in paper format, but when I press the print icon →save as pdf, the attached image is not reflected. Is there a better way to do this?

My goal is to be able to view my mindmaps created with MindMeister for backup purposes without having to open the MindMeister website.

Best regards,
T.S.

Best Answers

• Lesli
    Lesli EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Misa,

We are now using the latest version of Mindmeister and are no longer having an issue.

Thank you.

Lesli

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @T S,

As @Lesli mentioned, the issue is in the fact that you're using the old editor which is no longer supported!

Please click your user avatar in the top-right corner. Then click Preferences. From the Preferences menu, select Always use the new map editor.

You can find more info about the new editor here: https://support.mindmeister.com/hc/en-us/articles/7263366886546-How-Can-I-Best-Transition-to-the-New-Editor-

The issue should be resolved once you're in the new editor.

Please let me know if it persists.

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Hi TS! I haven't heard of this error before — could you perhaps send a screenshot of the issue and enable support access? So that we can investigate?

Best,

Andrew

• T S
    Options

Hi Andrew.

I will send you a screenshot and PDF.

Best regards,

TS

• Lesli
    edited August 2023
    Options

When exporting our mindmap to a PDF some of the images that were uploaded from our computer disappear. For example, we may have a picture of our client, their family, pets, etc. but when exporting the images disappear and there is a small circle where the picture should be. Has anyone else experienced this or have any tips?

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Lesli and welcome to the community 👋🙂

Can you please tell me, what kind of media (.jpg .png etc.) and which PDF software you're using?

I tried to reproduce the problem (using Adobe PDF software), but I get normal exports with included images.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• T S
    Options

Hi Andrew.

I Enable Support Access to My Account.

Thank you for your help in resolving and teaching us.

Best regards,

TS

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    Options

Hi all,

This seems to be a bug! I've opened a task with our devs and will update the thread here with any news.

Thanks for the info!

Best,

Miša

• Lesli
    Options

Thank you.

• T S
    Options

Thanks a lot, all.

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @T S,

Could you please enable support access again?

@Lesli could you also please enable support access?

Best,

Miša

• T S
    Options

Hi Miša,

I Enable Support Access to My Account.

Best regards,

TS

• Thomas De Jong
    Thomas De Jong EN Pro Posts: 7 Beginner
    Options

I'm having exactly the same issue - do you have an estimated timeframe for fixing the bug? We exported a mind map to PDF normally on August 15th, but since then been unable to export any slides with pictures.

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Thomas De Jong,

Are you using the old editor?

If so, the solution is here:

Best,

• Thomas De Jong
    Options

I created a copy of the map, converted it to the new editor, and I'm getting the exact same error, so that's not the issue.

Also, the new editor is not as good as the Legacy Editor. The Legacy Editor allows me to group lines together onto one slide instead of going line-by-line in presentation mode. The Legacy Editor also allows me to easily add tasks to MeisterTask in bulk by highlighting multiple items and simply dragging them down to the MeisterTask blue check icon in the bottom bar.

The new editor has neither of these features, which are two of the features that made MindMeister really useful for us. I'm frustrated with the continued push toward the new editor that doesn't have these useful features.

I've been with MindMeister/MeisterTask for over a decade, but it seems like I'm being pushed to look for different mind mapping / task tracking solutions…

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Thomas De Jong,

Could you please enable support access? Please also tell me the name of the map you're experiencing this issue with.

We will see if we can reproduce the issue.

Best,

• Thomas De Jong
    Options

I assume I'm having the issue with every one of my hundreds of maps. I've tried to export a few to PDF, and every one has the same issue. We archive our maps to PDFs, and also print our maps to paper for our clients. With the Legacy Editor, I can fit everything onto 40-50 slides. If I create a map in the new editor, it will be 150-200 slides. That's not practical at all.

I've enabled support access. I've named the two maps to compare side-by-side "Legacy Editor Map" and "New Editor Map".

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Thomas De Jong,

I've opened a task with the devs including all the info you've shared.

I'll update you here asap.

I'm sorry about this inconvenience.

Best,

• Thomas De Jong
    Options

Thank you for the prompt reply.

FYI, since I created a copy of the "Legacy Editor Map" and converted it to the "New Editor Map", the "slides" from the presentation mode in the Legacy Editor Map still kind of "live behind the scenes" even in the New Editor Map.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, even though I'm in the New Editor Map, I still have the option of exporting the "Presentation" to PDF. This is where the bug comes in:

• Miša Hennin
    Options

…Interesting. We will investigate!

• Thomas De Jong
    Options

Any update on this bug and a potential fix? It's still not working. Again, please don't kill the Legacy Editor until the New Editor has the ability to modify slides, export those slides, and add tasks to MeisterTask in bulk from a MindMeister map.

• DanyO
    DanyO EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

Hello anyone.. can someone please assist? I do not have an option in my preference tab to use a new map editor. Please help!

• DanyO
    DanyO EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

NM. I found the option at the bottom left. Glad I looked into it.