Collapsible Headers in MeisterNote

Dessy Prasad
Dessy Prasad EN Business Posts: 69 Star Contributor

Here's another idea. It would be nice to be able to collapse headings in MeisterNote. These notes sometimes get a little long so being able to collapse and expand headings to reveal the content underneath would be super convenient!

Tagged:
18 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Thanks for the tag, @Dessy ! I'm particularly interested in this feature, as well as a related request about an accordion dropdown block here. I've always imagined collapsed/expanded blocks as particularly well suited to an FAQ in a knowledge base.

I'll bring this up in my next 1 to 1 with our MeisterNote product manager and keep you updated with the current roadmap here! 👍

Best,

Andrew

• Anton Kulikov
    Anton Kulikov MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 2 Product Manager

I would love to have this feature! It helps to create rich, structured notes and work on different parts of them.

• Asha
    Asha EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
    edited July 2023

Collapsible headers/toggles is absolutely something I'm looking for in MeisterNote. My brain is cluttered enough, it's essential I can tuck it all away easily, and makes things like outlinining so much easier. The three most recent tools I used before MeisterNote (Notion, Roam, Coda) all had this feature, and I considered it standard, so I was surprised it wasn't in there yet. Glad to see it mentioned here, though it's been a little more than 6 months and it's not showing as planned. Any updates on this?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this feature seems like the MeisterNote equivalent of collapsing parts of a MindMeister Map back to their original nodes, so it makes sense to me that it would be here as well.

• Christian Müller
    Christian Müller DE Business Posts: 56 Star Contributor

@Andrew Lapidus Just upvoted this feature and would like to support it in the comments also. Especially combined with the new table of content it would allow us to make really in depth documents that also look clean and are easy to navigate.

Sustainable productivity - what do we really need to be productive? And how sustainable is it?

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,374 Community Leader

I'm late 👀

But you've got my vote too. Much needed feature.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Dessy Prasad

Hi @Andrew Lapidus - Is there an update on this one? Would love to see this feature! I have a lot of notes that get pretty long.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

@Dessy Prasad — agreed!

Just spoke with the product team and can share a transparent update: right now, the team is focusing on shipping the new MeisterNote AI feature and updating the Task←→Note integration to work more effectively in both directions (both shipping soon).

In the background, the team is working on updating the (unseen) backendengineering of the editor (finish by Q4) which will allow the creation of additional block types: collapsible headers and tables. Work will start on these in Q1.

Happy to answer additional questions!

Andrew

• Dessy Prasad

@Andrew Lapidus Thanks for the update!

• Monika Birkner
    Monika Birkner DE Pro Posts: 3 Beginner

Great news! Thank you. I am also very interestes in collapsible headers.