Why can't we access the public link on Firefox Android?

Options
agj
agj EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited October 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi

,On Firefox Android we can't modify private mind mind link without creating an account instead of desktop version we can

Please see this mind map who bug

https://bit.ly/gretab

Please correct this bug and allow us on Firefox Android modify private open link to modify

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @agj and @Joerg Koper ,

that is an interesting question. I just played around on my Android phone.

So here is the deal:
    If you work on your mind map in your browser on an Android phone, then a lot of things might not be optimal. For example, the white pop-up window: I recommend that you zoom out or change your screen to wide-screen, because then you can just click on the small x-Button (the cancel button) in the right upper corner. This will close the popup-window. At the moment, this button it is not visible in the screenshot - therefore you need to change your view, e.g. change your phone from portrait to landscape mode.

💡 When you successfully managed to close the pop-up window, then you can change and modify your mind map - hooray! Even in a private mode/private browsing, this works well as long as you manage to close the pop-up window.

The pop-up window is only a warning/info, that this map will not get saved in the user's dashboard, because he/she is not logged in. It is not preventing anyone from making changes. The pop-window does not have any effect on the mind map itself, nor does it effect any changes that you make on it. These changes will get saved, even if the user is not logged in.

I can also recommend the MindMeister app for Android where one does not have to face this battle, because you are logged in.

I hope this helps, and good luck closing that pop-up window 🤞

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @agj and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I have tested the strange behaviour in Firefox and I think there is a little misunderstanding.

You can invite others to your mind map in any Browser you like. This way, visitors can take a view. But, to be able to make comments or any changes to the mind map, the visitor will need to create a free account at least 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Alexandre L ,

please see above, where I described an easy solution 👆

I recommend that you zoom out or change your screen to wide-screen, because then you can just click on the small x-Button (the cancel button) in the right upper corner. This will close the popup-window. At the moment, this button it is not visible in the screenshot - therefore you need to change your view, e.g. change your phone from portrait to landscape mode.

edited October 2023
    Options

hey @Alexandre L , no worries, could you please describe what does not work? Which step does give you problems?

The first step is to change your screen, e.g. rotate it and look at it from a landscape view. Are you able to cross that hurdle?

For me the solution works very well on Android, Firefox and Chrome, in a normal tab and in a private tab. I am sure we can figure this out :)