🚀 New Release: Subtasks!

Options
Andrew Lapidus
Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
edited November 2023 in Announcements & Updates

Hi all! Today, the team is rolling out a long-awaited feature to all MeisterTask Business users: Subtasks!

Subtasks allow you to break down larger tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks, giving you more clarity and control over your projects.

💡Subtasks at a Glance:

• Subtasks are available to all Business users.
  • Subtasks have all the functionalities of tasks — including independent assignees, due dates, tags, etc.
  • Subtasks can be moved to any project, regardless of where the parent task is located.
  • Toggle between hiding/showing subtasks on your project board from the filters sidebar.
  • Project administrators can enable/disable subtasks from the Project Settings menu.
  • More information can be found in our Help Center.

🧭 What's Next:

Next feature releases scheduled for MeisterTask and MeisterNote:

As always, we're happy to get your feedback on this update! Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Best,

Andrew

Comments

• Henrik Thomä
    Henrik Thomä DE Pro Posts: 10 Beginner
    Options

Well done! Hoped to get it also for my Pro-Team. So let´s see what happens.

• Elias Z
    Elias Z MT Tester, EN Pro Posts: 9 Beginner
    Options

Will this be available to Pro users?

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor
    Options

Ahhhhhhhh! I'm doing a happy dance here. The sub-task has long been my dream! Now I have to explore it, but the first couple I made when I came back to them then didn't fully load again, they were just kind of grayed out. This is a giant leap for meisterkind! Thank you!

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor
    Options

Here's a photo of what I'm talking about. This appears to only be happening in the browser wrapper, not on the browser version.

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 165 Mastermind
    Options

Excellent Youtube video on sub tasks. This should answer all your questions. It did mine!

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

• Marlene Heinen
    Marlene Heinen DE Business Posts: 36 Active Contributor
    Options

I really like the new feature. I'm tempted to run around and tell it everyone in the team 😁. It could hugely change our integration of MasterTask to less Projects while being far better clear.

Also inviting all the corresponding members got a little bit annoying. "oh, xyz has now a MeisterTask account. Please invite him…" and xyz got 10 Emails and was very confused 😅. I know there is the possibility of building teams. But I do not have access to all MeisterTask functions, so I have to use the functions I have access to.

I would be really happy if detach could be reversed. Is there eventually a release time already scheduled?

• Jenny Oest
    Jenny Oest EN Business Posts: 7 Beginner
    edited October 2023
    Options

Can we convert a checklist to a subtask? - NVM - I see that's in the next release….hope it's soon :)

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 603 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Jenny Oest

As I know it's not possible. But I think that's a great idea and recommand you to make a feature request. I'm sure the MeisterTeam will think about this point! And you will have my vote for sure!

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Marlene Lechner
    Marlene Lechner Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 55 Success Manager
    Options

Hi everyone!

I'm super excited to see we're already having such great discussions about the new Subtasks in this thread 🚀

Feel like talking even more about Subtasks and the great ways you can use them to organise your tasks even more efficiently?

Then be sure to stop by our Office Hours next week! We'll be discussing about this new feature and:

💡 showcase some tips on how to use Subtasks
    💡 get your feedback on them
    💡 answer all your open questions about Subtasks

📆 Date: Wednesday, October 25
    🕒 Time: 3pm CEST
    🔗 Sign up here:

Looking forward to seeing you next week at Office Hours!

Best,
    Marlene

• Adam Buckley
    Adam Buckley Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 40 Community Admin
    Options

@Marlene Heinen we will be releasing the possibility to add existing tasks as subtasks in this quarter, so this will allow you to "reverse" detaching. We're also going to add a confirmation dialog so that people don't detach tasks accidentally. Thanks for the feedback!

• ArtyomRus
    ArtyomRus EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

I can't log out from my accounts as usual 😕 I'm just coming back to account i had left before.
    What have you done with the app? Logging out is not working.

Please, contact me bocman2020@gmail.com

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor
    Options

Hi Team,

Great work! This is a super addition to an already brilliant application. It is simplifying my project views no end but keeps all the great functions when needed.

Really great work and looking forward to the reverse function as this will save time having to rekey following over zealous fingers detaching subtasks ;)

Best regards, Chris

• Oliver Wich
    Oliver Wich DACH Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 80 Star Contributor
    Options

Great Work! THX for your efforts!

ONE Question: When i delete a subtask it still remains in my Task. Is it supposed to be that way?

Uspkilling Enthusiast. Empowering a new Generation of Legal Experts.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

@Oliver Wich MyJEM I also flagged this for our dev team — it will be fixed in a future update!

For now, the deleted subtasks can still be removed from the main task by "detaching" them from the main task 🤯