[RESOLVED] Unable to create mind map after sign up: 500 Error

Options
rafaellp
rafaellp EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited October 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi,

I just signed up and I'm trying to create a mind map (I used MindMeister in the past with a different account). When I click the "+" button and choose the mind map layout, the screen hangs on "Creating map from template…" for a long time and then fails. Looking at the network traffic I can see a 500 error in the API call to create the map. I tried a different template and got the same result. This means I'm unable to use the product at all since there's no way for me to create a new mind map.

Some potentially useful information for debugging: I'm running Chrome 118 (latest) on macOS Sonoma (also latest). I signed up with Google SSO, and since I'm in Brazil MM defaulted to Portuguese, so I changed my language to English in the settings. The only thing I did after that was try to create the mind map with no success.

Best Answer

• rafaellp
    rafaellp EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Answer ✓
    Options

Oh well… After trying again and again a few times it eventually worked. 🤔 Maybe this is an intermittent bug.

Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @rafaellp,

Sorry to hear about this + thank you for adding so many details! This is super useful.

Are you still facing the issue every so often or it has been completely resolved in the last few days?

Best,

Miša