Why is there no connection from the original topic to a new map when I convert topic to a new map?

Options
Tomas Krejcar
Tomas Krejcar EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited October 2023 in Ask the Community

When I convert a topic to a new map, then in the bottom of the screen I see two messages:
1. Topic was converted into a new map
2. Value is invalid
After that I can see that there is no connection to a new map next to the topic. But a new map was created successfully. As a workaround I had to add link of a new map to the original topic manually, which is not very user-friendly.

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Tomas Krejcar,

This is intentional behaviour. Users should know that Map B was created from Map A, but the other way around is not so necessary.

If you'd like there to be a link automatically created from Map A to Map B, please submit a feature request!

Regarding the error message, I also received it. I'm following this up with our devs and will add my findings here shortly!

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    Options

Update: The devs are going to fix the issue with the error message appearing. :)

• Tomas Krejcar
    Tomas Krejcar EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

Helo Miša, thanks for the answer. I don't think that this is intentional behavior. Described behavior (I should see connection from original topic to new map) was present before, but few days ago it stopped working and there is only connection from new map to original map.
    So you are saying that the feature (link from original map to a new map) was intetionally removed few days ago? Or maybe we are not talking about the same thing.

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Tomas Krejcar,

Hm… The devs are looking into it. I'll update you as soon as we know more.

Thank you for your patience here!

Best,

• heli cfi
    heli cfi EN Basic Posts: 10 Beginner
    Options

It's been a few months since this was posted and I'm getting the same message:

The Convert to map indicates that a link will be created and it does initially show up until the "invalid" error appears:

Is this still on the dev's list?

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi,

Yes it is!

They are reviewing a potential solution. I hope to be able to share something more solid asap.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,