How do we continue collaborating without buying licenses for everyone?

Options
Kit Johnson
Kit Johnson EN Pro Posts: 10 Beginner

I collabroate with a small group of people using MeisterTask, and have been for years. I've always shied away from teams as it looks complicated, but now it seems I'm going to lose access to some boards in February if I don't do this. From reading the docs, it seems like I won't be able to do it though.

Here's our situation:

1. I'm a pro member because I need many projects. I'm the only one who pays.
  2. Another collabortor who owns two projects is on a basic (free) account. Me and small group of other people need access to his two projects.

Is there any way for us to continue with MeisterTask without paying more money? From what I can tell from the docs, as a paid member I can't join a free member's teams. And we don't want to start paying more money for this other person, because they use MeisterTask happily for free with their two boards.

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kit Johnson, thanks for reaching out — happy to help clarify here!

You will still be able to collaborate with users on basic (free accounts), but only by inviting them to projects that you (or your team) own. As you probably already saw, free users won't be able to share projects they own with external users starting February 4th.

To continue collaborating with these external users, you'll just need to make sure that you create all of the projects you collaborate on. In the case of projects currently owned by basic users, I'd recommend exporting the project and importing it using your account. This will effectively change ownership of the project, allowing you to be the project administrator and invite anyone you'd like.

Hope this helps, please feel free to reach out with any other questions!

-Andrew