Questions about map sharing

Options
B12345
B12345 EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited November 2023 in Ask the Community

Is there a number I can call to talk to a person about the following items, as I am not sure how to word them via email. These questions are for someone who has a basic plan (free):

1. Sharing and creating a map with external people, and its limits. I would like to have a map that I send to a group of people for them to be able to add information.
  2. What can external people do in a map (especially if they aren't going to register). Can they edit the map and to what extent?

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @B12345 — Phone support is available on Business plans, but our community would be happy to support you with these questions :D

1. Sharing and creating a map with external people shouldn't be a problem, even on a basic plan. You can publish the mind map to the internet or share a link to the mind map, allowing an unlimited. number of collaborators access to the map.

2. Anonymous users without an account can view a map (if it's been published), but they'll need to create an account to edit and contribute to it.

Hope this helps!

Andrew

Answers

• B12345
    B12345 EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

I received an email that after Dec 7, I wouldn't be able to share my free account map link with others. Am I reading that correctly, or are there other details I need to know? I am using it for an important co-working project, but I want to be sure the link won't expire after Dec 7.