'Style' not expanded automatically

Options
Bosko Vukojevic
Bosko Vukojevic EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner

No sidebar tools are expanded by default when I select a node in my map.

This used to be available in previous versions, i.e. when a node is selected, additional options/actions applicable to that node would be readily available for usage.

We need to click a few times with the current design to get what we want. Then, we need to REPEAT these clicks for all other nodes we want to highlight/colour/etc.

How is the current design better than what we used to have before?

PS
This applies to other tools, not just to the 'Style'. The 'Icons' available options are similarly a few clicks away instead of being readily available when a node is selected.

Best Answer

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 654 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bosko Vukojevic ,

thank you for the feedback! I totally know what you mean, that seems like a lot or clicks. If you would like to see a change, then I would encourage you to create a feature-idea in our community here, so that your idea can collect votes and so that the Meister Product team can look and evaluate all our ideas from the community :)

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Bosko Vukojevic and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I'd like to help. But, can you please show some screenshots here? Would make it a bit easier to understand, what exactly is going wrong there.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Bosko Vukojevic
    Options

The screenshot is attached below.

When a node is selected, no sidebar tools are expanded. Two of them pointed by an arrow.

What happened with the text field? Where did it go?

All of this used to work before. When the node was selected, the default sidebar tools with various options would be opened and made available immediately.

• Bosko Vukojevic
    Options

All of this used to work before.

Why was this functionality removed (downgraded)?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 654 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Bosko Vukojevic,

did you recently switch to the new editor?

The functionality to open the menu with one click is still there. If you do a right-click with your mouse on the topic then the menu opens automatically. If you just recently been using the new editor, then you can read more about the changes here.

To learn how the editor works in detail, I can also recommend this free online course on "Advanced Features" here. It also explains in details how to add notes and all the other details that you are accustomed to.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Hi Bosko,

I think Cornelia is right with her assumption. Can you confirm this?

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Bosko Vukojevic
    Options

Whether new or old editor, the UX needs to be robust and idiot-proof.

If I and other average Joe need to take a course which has various topics, Let's Practice questions, Pop Quiz, etc. in order to be able to use core functionality, the design team missed the target.

Please, don't shoot the messenger but there is something wrong with this whole experience.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @Bosko Vukojevic ,

is there anything else besides the sidebar tool that is not expanded by default that feels painful at the moment for you specifically?

The Meister Team is continuously trying to improve MindMeister and is grateful for your feedback! Thank you!