Editing in outline mode ruins look of Mind map mode by making it one long line of text

Options
Paul James
Paul James EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

I created a mind map with text in boxes and switched to Editing mode to work on the details of the text, but when I switched back. The text has become one long stream instead of a neat small box. I tried to use the return key to bring it back down to a new line, but this didn't work. What should I do to return my mindmap to the way it was before I worked in outline mode??

Tagged:

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @Paul James and welcome to the community 👋🙂

The outline mode is normally mentioned for creating a basic structure of your mind map. Not for editing or formatting text. As you can see in the picture below, it is the same result on my side when I have written a lot of unformatted, plain text in the outline mode:

When I create the basic structure of the same mind map, it should look like this:

After this step, I switch back to the Mind map mode and can start to format and stylize the text.

I hope this helps you out.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.