Is it possible to hide users I added to my Private Project so they don't see each other?

Options
Piotr Kruk
Piotr Kruk EN Business Posts: 3 Beginner

I would like to create one Private Project and invite 5 people to see the project but I don't want they know who can see the project, who has the access to that. There are at the moment two places they can check that: in project settings (members) or in the column on the right.

Is it possible to hide it anyway?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Piotr Kruk, happy new year and welcome to the community 👋🙂

That is an excellent question. As MeisterTask is a team-based collaboration tool, I can only guess that there is no feature like that available or planned 🤔

I recommend inviting people, that you don't want to integrate that much into your inner circle, only via guest mode to single tasks. In my opinion, working on a whole project as a team, needs the visibility of all members as well.

Another suggestion could be to create projects for single user groups or single freelancers and to connect them with the main project via corresponding sections. This way, a task can be moved to another, let's say department, without knowing the members of other departments. For this solution, I would highly recommend a related move-task-automation.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Answers

• Piotr Kruk
    Piotr Kruk EN Business Posts: 3 Beginner
    Options

Dear @Joerg Koper, also all the best for you in 2024!

To be honest, I'm not quite happy with that answer.

Let's imagine, I would like to create a project and share it to a group of dealers. They are competitors for each other and I don't wish they know who has an access to the project. Guest mode is not enough because they will see anyway who is invited to the project.

Inside the project there should be many different tasks they would have an access to (here visitor mode) without a possibility to change them. But the most important thing is to hide them so nobody but me knows who is inside, who has an access. Is it possible?

What do you recommend me? Thank you for your time in advance.

Piotr

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi Piotr,

I understand your need for a specific feature like that. I have to admit that I see this rather more as a catalogue system instead of an individual project, that people work on. The main reason to use a software like MeisterTask, is normally to work on projects as a team.

I highly recommend submitting a feature request for implementing an invisible-mode for single team members. I will be happy to support you with my vote.

As long as you have to work with the given circumstances, I recommend duplicating a corresponding project and to only inviting members, that are allowed to see each other. This way you have 100% control over the project, its settings and activities, including the individual reports. That's how I would handle it. You can also create project groups for a better overview in your sidebar.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.