Export/copy only headers of the mindmap

Options
Oliver Schneider
Oliver Schneider EN Basic Posts: 11 Beginner
edited February 3 in Ask the Community

I want chatGPT to help me improve the structure of my mindmap. therefore, I would like to copy/paste only the structure of a specific part of a mindmap. But copy or export always paste all the mindmap…

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Oliver Schneider 👋🙂

You can try to view your mind map in outline mode and to copy the structure from it. A further good source about working with MindMeister and ChatGPT as a nice combination is the article, written by @Andrew Lapidus.

You may start having a short conversation with ChatGPT about creating a mind map structure, that fits your needs, before creating it in MindMeister. ChatGPT can give out the structure as an outline in a code field. This way, you can copy it and paste it into MindMeister. That's a smart and time-saving workflow 😎

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Oliver Schneider
    Options

@Joerg Koper : no, outline mode doesn't allow to copy the structure. As to ChatGPT, I have my own GTP that creates mindmaps in the right structure but copy from mindmeister to chatGPT is really not optimal.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi Oliver,

sorry, you're absolutely right. It is unfortunately not possible to copy in outline mode 🙁

Cool that you have created a custom GPT. You can also output your planned mind map in an outline structure as Markdown in the code window. That's my favourite way to do it.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Oliver Schneider
    Options

Yes that's how I do it. Markdow and using spaces as indentation for the levels. Thanks. Have a nice day.