[Android] Keyboard disappearing when tapping 'new topic' (any); text is fuzzy when not on 100% zoom

Options
Usa Musa
Usa Musa EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner

Love the minimalism of the interface. However…

1. Keyboard is disappearing when tapping 'new topic'. (SwiftKey on Android 10). Does it work fine on newer OS?

2. Text is fuzzy when not on 100% zoom. Dealbreaker.

3. White notification bar? Is that my launcher doing it? Tried changing my launcher setting, did not find it yet.

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Usa Musa and welcome to the community 👋🙂

1. I have no problems using SwiftKey with MindMeister on an Android 14 device. Have you checked a different keyboard too? Is it working?
    2. The text is OK on my device. But I'll ask the team about it.
    3. The white notification bar is a device thing, not the App itself.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Usa Musa
    Options

I aporeciate your fast response, Jörg.

The above is an Android 14 S22 with the built in keyboard.

The good: text looks good.

The bad: the keyboard still wants to disappear after every 'add topic' tap, it just comes back much faster.

Does yours not do it at all?

Also, the white (on the notif. bar and also) on the background of the buttons. Phone is set to Dark mode. Buttons (and notif. bar) should follow, you agree?

(I tested on iOS and both issues are nonexistent. Keyboard is not jumpy and buttons; notif. bar are dark when dark mode is on.)

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi there,

I understand what you mean, and what you describe is indeed a strange behaviour. On my device it works normal, but I will nevertheless inform the Meister-Team. I'm sure, they will appreciate the video capture 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Usa Musa
    Options

Does your Dark Theme work well too?

Buttons — dark? Notif. bar — dark?

You mentioned you'll ask the team. Did you fund anyone else, on Android, with the same issues? :)

The S22 Ultra has the newest Android and top processor. Could this be a Samsung issues?

I'm going to try on my Pixel 1. Curious. Cheers

• Usa Musa
    Options

Dark Mode is turned on on my phone. Button backgrounds should be dark.

On iOS they are dark.

Or ay least offer a full screen / immersive view option, that removes ALL INTERFACE ELEMENTS.

I just wanna see the topics of my mind map. Nothing else. Especially not white buttons on dark backgrounds. :/