Future Task

Andy Barr
Andy Barr EN Pro Posts: 6 Beginner

Does anyone know of a way to set a future task? For example to set a task that would be assigned to me in 6 weeks time on a specific date? without it showing in any lists, being assigned to me or or any filters because it has a due date.

Basically a hidden task that comes up on the day it's due to be done.

Recurring tasks works like this way but it's recurring which means I then have to painfully go back into the menu and manually remove the recurring option.

Thank you!

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader

Hi @Andy Barr and welcome to the community 👋🙂

In MeisterTask, there isn't a direct function to make tasks invisible before their scheduled start date. Although task scheduling, including assigning due dates and times, is quite flexible, tasks remain visible to team members who have access to them after their creation.

Due dates can be easily set within the task dialogue, and these dates then appear on the task tiles in the project view. On the due date itself, the date on the tile is highlighted to signal the task's urgency.

For more information and ways to optimize your projects and task planning, check out the official guides on MeisterTask: Fundamentals of Task Management and Setting Due Dates for Tasks.

Maybe it's an interesting thought to try this with "Make" or "Zapier" 🤔

And…you have, of course, the option to write a feature request.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Andy Barr
    Andy Barr EN Pro Posts: 6 Beginner

Yeah I like to keep a clear dash board and dont want to see 100 future tasks for 6 months away assigned to me. It would be like looking at the entire contents of a year calendar in one view every day.

I will have a look at Zapier and see if i can find a way.