Recent Updates: What’s New in MeisterTask (Sept 2024)

Cornelia Patscheider
Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 999 Community Admin

Hello MeisterTask Community!

I have some exciting updates to share about what's new in MeisterTask and a sneak peek at what's coming next.

What’s New

🗂️ Template Gallery: Use new project templates directly from our website! You can browse a variety of project templates designed to help you get started quickly, whether you’re managing a project, planning an event, or organizing team tasks. Check them out here.

📱 Note-Taking on Mobile: The MeisterTask team rolled out a brand-new version of the MeisterTask app for both Android and iOS, now featuring note-taking capabilities! You’ll find a new Notes icon at the bottom of your screen, allowing you to view, create, and edit notes directly within the app. You can now easily update text, add content blocks, and even create sub-pages on the go — keeping all your thoughts organized and accessible wherever you are. More details are available in the Help Center.

Microsoft Teams Integration Discontinued: MeisterTask will sadly say goodbye to the integration with Microsoft Teams. Microsoft recently updated Microsoft Teams, which negatively impacted the functionality of the MeisterTask integration. Some features are no longer compatible, and due to the relatively low usage of the integration, Meister has decided to discontinue this integration on July 31, 2024. Existing integrations may still be visible in MS Teams, but they are no longer supported and their functionality may be affected. It is not possible to create new integrations. For more information on how to add a MeisterTask board to an MS Teams channel, please check out the Help Center article here.

🎓 Free Online Course for Team Administrators: I am thrilled to introduce a new online course in the MeisterTask Academy! If you're a team administrator, this 25-minute course is perfect for you. Learn how to effectively invite and manage team members, understand your responsibilities as a team admin versus a project admin, and follow our step-by-step guide to optimizing onboarding and offboarding processes. It's a must-take for anyone looking to build and maintain a productive team! Start your free course on Team Management here.

What's Next

📋 New project view: The Meister team is currently working on a new project view in MeisterTask that will allow you to organize and display tasks within project boards in a clean, easy-to-read list. It's perfect for users who prefer a simple, straightforward layout over the traditional Kanban Board. Stay tuned for the release and stay updated here.

📑 Sharing pages outside of MeisterTask: The Meister Team is working on a feature for sharing the information you choose with stakeholders outside of your team. MeisterTask will be introducing the ability to publish pages to the web so you can share them via a unique link. Stay tuned for the release or stay updated here.

🔔 Centralizing notifications for tasks and notes: MeisterTask unifies notifications from projects, tasks, and notes into one centralized space. This feature will be first available on the web mobile apps, and later on the mobile apps web, helping you stay updated and organized with all your activities in one place. You can upvote this feature to get notifications and stay updated here.

I hope these updates make your experience with MeisterTask even better! As always, if you have any ideas for future features, please share them in the Feature Ideas Section of our community. Before sharing your idea, check if someone else has already posted it. You can also support existing ideas by upvoting them.

If you have questions, feel free to ask them in the comments anytime. Which feature are you most excited about? I’ll give you a hint about my personal favorite → 📑

👋 Cornelia

Tagged:

Comments

• Vasile Stoica
    Vasile Stoica EN Basic Posts: 17 Active Contributor
    edited September 16

MeisterTask's new features, like the Task Templates 🚀 and New Project Phases in the timeline view 🤝, are valuable additions! The templates seem like a real time-saver ⏱️, and I can't wait to try them out. I'm also excited about the recent improvements to MeisterTask's mobile app and the upcoming features.

I recently completed the "MeisterTask: Team Management" course and gained valuable insights into streamlining our project workflows and enhancing collaboration. I'm eager to put the team management strategies I learned into practice and see how they enable our workflow in MeisterTask. Keep up the great work, MeisterTask team! 👏