Customize Your Map's Layout

Michael Welter
Michael Welter DE Pro Posts: 3 Beginner
edited September 30 in Ask the Community

Hi everyone!

Since the last update, it is no longer possible to change the layout for individual items. Is this currently a bug or has it simply been forgotten?

There are three types of auto-layout in MindMeister: mind map, list and org chart.

Answers

• Alexandre Tenorio
    Alexandre Tenorio EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

I'm facing the same problem.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,001 Community Admin

HI @Michael Welter and @Alexandre Tenorio

I am sorry to say that using multiple layouts in a single mind map is no longer supported. This feature was discontinued because it could cause topics to overlap.

• Michael Welter
    Michael Welter DE Pro Posts: 3 Beginner

Hi Cornelia Patscheider,

This is a sad thing to read, as it means that an important function for creating website structures is getting lost. We have never had any problems with this function.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,001 Community Admin

Hi @Michael Welter ,

thanks for your feedback. I can totally understand want you mean, it was a great feature! Please feel free to jump into the current discussion about this issue here in this thread. My colleague Mark has more insights on this and welcomes any feedback :)

• Gui. C.
    Gui. C. EN Basic Posts: 9 Beginner

Cornelia. Don't try to justify this.

This change ruined the platform.

It was one of the most important functions for complex structures. My maps are impossible to read now. It's useless.

Maybe for people with really small and sad maps this is not an issue.

I already referred MM for many people, been a paying user of personal and corporate accounts for 3 years and I am really disappointed now.

One last thing: The maps inherited the last setting you created, so you cannot change either way.

I will have to leave the platform and some how migrate hundreds of my maps, this will be resentful…

This piece of update must be rolled back someway.