How to add a link in the new version...?

Hans Dramstad
Hans Dramstad EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner

I do not find anywhere I can actually just add a hyperlink to my mind map - that was very easy before. Has it been taken away?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Hans Dramstad ,

Follow these steps to add a link:

1. Copy the link to your clipboard.
    2. Open your mind map.
    3. Select the topic where you want to add the link.
    4. Paste the link while the topic is selected.

I hope this helps.

• Hans Dramstad
    Answer ✓

Brilliant, that works - thanks.

Answers

• Harris Jennifer
    Harris Jennifer EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Hello support,

I created a mindmap and the Copy URL links was working fine. Then I changed the computer I work with and now, it seems that my interface has changed and I no longer have the three dots on the right and the possibility to add an URL in attachments anymore.

Could you guide me please?

Many thanks.

Jennifer

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin
    edited October 4

Hi @Harris Jennifer ,

yes, the interface was changed, you can read all about it here in the Help Center or here in the Community.

Follow these steps to add a link:

1. Copy the link to your clipboard.
    2. Open your mind map.
    3. Select the topic where you want to add the link.
    4. Paste the link while the topic is selected.

I hope this helps.

• Scott Airmont
    Scott Airmont EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    edited October 2

I have the Pro version. Today I attempted to add a URL link to a map item and I cannot find the place to insert the URL.

Please advise…

• William Sasaki
    William Sasaki EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    edited October 4

Dear support,

"This new version of MindMeister is really bad, I can no longer add URL links like I easily did before, now everything has gotten worse. Can you please do a rollback?"

• Cornelia Patscheider
    edited October 4

Hi @William Sasaki ,

thank you for your feedback. If you are looking for a further discussion on this, then please have a look here in the community. My colleague Mark has further insights on this change. I am sad to hear that you think that the new version is bad, feel free to jump into the other discussion and give a more detailed feedback.

• Juan Menezes
    Juan Menezes EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner

Nesta nova atualização, que eu pessoalmente gostei, não consigo mais achar onde coloco links aos meus topicos.

Escrevo muitos mapas que precisam de links, como faço agora?

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,613 Community Admin

Hi,

I've merged all the threads above as they address the same issue.

Please see Cornelia's answer above.

Best,

• 中川 信介
    中川 信介 EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    edited October 4

How can I link URLs?
    The specifications seem to have changed from the previous version and I could not find where to operate.
    Please let me know if there are any explanatory videos.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,613 Community Admin

@中川 信介 I merged your thread here, you can find the answer above.

Best,

• Neil McDonnell
    Neil McDonnell EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

@Hans Dramstad What is brilliant? The only thing that I could do was put a link as the topic title. Is that what you did and think is brilliant? Or were you able to have a topic title like "John Smith" and have a link like we used to have?

FYI to @Cornelia Patscheider

• Hans Dramstad

I said brilliant - because it solved my problem and it works as you described in the second option "have a topic title like "John Smith" and have a link like we used to have"; I just followed the instructions given by Cornelia Patscheider at the top of this thread. KR Hans P.

• Neil McDonnell
    Neil McDonnell EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Thanks for the reply! I'm not seeing any of that. When I highlight a topic, I get the popup menu (sideways one) to add notes and all that stuff. I'm not following how to just select and then paste a link. I'll follow up with @Cornelia Patscheider to see screenshots of the steps. I'm clearly missing something. Thanks again.

• Cornelia Patscheider

Hi @Neil McDonnell

here is a Step-by-Step Guide to Adding a Link to Your Mind Map:

1. Copy the Link: Start by copying the link you want to add to your clipboard. You can do this by right-clicking on the link (if it's on a webpage) or highlighting the text of the link and pressing Ctrl+C (on Windows) or Cmd+C (on MacOS).
    2. Open Your Mind Map: Next, open the mind map where you want to add the link.
    3. Select the Topic: Click on the topic within your mind map where you want the link to be attached. Make sure the topic is selected, but don't put your cursor in the text.
    4. Paste the Link: With the topic selected, paste the link directly onto it by pressing Ctrl+V (on Windows) or Cmd+V (on MacOS). You can paste as many links as you need.

And that's it! You should now see your link attached to the selected topic in your mind map.

I hope this helps.