FAQ: How to add a URL link to a topic in a mind map

Cornelia Patscheider
Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 999 Community Admin
edited October 9 in Tips and Templates

Hi everyone,

We've noticed that many of you have been asking about how to add a link to a topic within your mind map. I'm here to provide a quick guide to help you through this process!

Step-by-Step Guide to Adding a Link to Your Mind Map:

1. Copy the Link: Start by copying the link you want to add to your clipboard. You can do this by right-clicking on the link (if it's on a webpage) or highlighting the text of the link and pressing Ctrl+C (on Windows) or Cmd+C (on MacOS).
  2. Open Your Mind Map: Next, open the mind map where you want to add the link.
  3. Select the Topic: Click on the topic within your mind map where you want the link to be attached. Make sure the topic is selected.
  4. Paste the Link: With the topic selected, paste the link directly onto it by pressing Ctrl+V (on Windows) or Cmd+V (on MacOS).

And that's it! You should now see your link attached to the selected topic in your mind map.

If you encounter any issues or have further questions, feel free to post below.

👋 Cornelia

Comments

• Tara Kaviani
    Tara Kaviani EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Hello,

I tried this on MacOS but the cmd + v feature doesn't work. I previously got around this by clicking "more" on the topic and clicking "paste" but all it does now is create a child topic as the link. So now, there is virtually no way for me to add links as attachments which is one of the main reasons why I used this software in the first place. Please bring back the "add links" feature or I will have to switch to another platform.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 999 Community Admin

Hi @Tara Kaviani ,

thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. This is actually the first time that I am hearing of this issue, so I would recommend contacting Meister's Support Team and explain the issue in detail. If you can contact support with the necessary details, they can further look into this.

When you contact support, it'd be great to include as much information as possible:

• include which account (your email address) and mind maps are affected
    • Please enable access to your account. You can find a guide how to do this here: How to- Enable Access 
    • Please send a screenshot or video with the developer console open. To open the developer console in Google Chrome, open the Chrome Menu in the upper-right-hand corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Developer Tools. You can also use Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/Linux).