Mindmap not working with multiple layouts

Vitor Afonso Pinto
Vitor Afonso Pinto EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Dear all, since a few days ago, I am no longer capable of using multiple layouts within the same mindmap. If I create a mindmap using the "hierarchy" layout, I am not able to make a child topic to appear like a "list" layout. On top of that, if I disable "auto-align" for a particular topic, it becomes completely misaligned compared to the others. Could someone assist me with this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin
    edited October 4 Answer ✓

Hi @Somen Banerjee ,

I am sorry to report that due to the new toolbar, you can only change the layout for the root topic and floating topics. Using different layouts for other topics in the same mind map is no longer supported. This change was made to prevent issues like topics overlapping.

If you are looking for a further discussion on this, then please take a look here in the community. My colleague Mark has further insights on this change. Feel free to jump into the other discussion and give a more detailed feedback. My colleague Mark is collecting all the feedback.

Answers

• Somen Banerjee
    Somen Banerjee EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

Hi

I often use organisation level at top level and then list for second level

All of a sudden I cant to to this

Grateful for any help

Thanks

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi @Vitor Afonso Pinto,

unfortunately, I have to tell you that due to the new toolbar, you can only change the layout for the root topic and floating topics. Using different layouts for other topics in the same mind map is no longer supported. This change was made to prevent issues like topics overlapping.

If you are looking for a further discussion on this, then please take a look here in the community. My colleague Mark has further insights on this change. Please feel free to jump into the other discussion and give a more detailed feedback, so that my colleague Mark can collect all feedbacks and views :)

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the auto-align feature. I would recommend contacting Meister's Support Team and explain the issue in detail. When you contact support, it'd be great to include as much information as possible:

• include which account and mind maps are affected
    • Please enable access to your account. You can find a guide how to do this here: How to- Enable Access 
    • Please send a screenshot or video with the developer console open. To open the developer console in Google Chrome, open the Chrome Menu in the upper-right-hand corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Developer Tools. You can also use Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/Linux).

• Michal Binka
    Michal Binka EN Basic Posts: 8 Beginner
    edited October 4

Previously, you could choose a layout for a specific branch. Now it only works for the start cell. Is this a bug or a new feature?

General statement about Mindmeister - any change is a complete disaster. Something always goes wrong. You change the conditions for sharing, access, editing options for invited users. My patience is over. I know you don't care if one user leaves, but one day it will catch up with you. Your software is getting worse and worse, you change the conditions, you change the functions for the worse. Your tool is absolutely not for conceptual corporate work.

Your approach to problem solving is evident here as well. Do not put bugs or ideas, comments, unsatisfied reactions, new features in the categories. You are sunshine software that absolutely does not and does not want to listen to customers.

• Henrique Andrade
    Henrique Andrade EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    edited October 4

Antes de fazer o upgrade eu conseguia, no mesmo mapa, escolher layouts diferentes. Por exemplo, eu poderia começar como um mapa mental e posteriormente escolher, para os itens subsequentes, lista ou organograma.

Quando fiz o upgrade houve uma mudança no design da página do navegador e não está mais aparecendo para mim a opção de alteração do layout, só no começo do mapa.

• CJ Forse
    CJ Forse EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

In the newest version of MindMeister I cannot figure out how to change the layout to a list layout for secondary nodes. Where is this feature hiding?

• Michal Binka
    edited October 4

Hi Cornelia,

this measure made the use of mindmaps completely usable. What is the benefit of an innovation where you make an optional feature (property) mandatory for the entire tree? Minidmeister does not innovate in the long term, it only worsens its properties and use.

• Michal Binka
    edited October 4

I don't know how you test the use of maps, but on large maps you can't get by with just a horizontal or vertical structure for the entire mind map. This is completely out of real use and practice!

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,613 Community Admin
    edited October 4

Hi,

I've merged the threads above as they all address a recent update. Please see Cornelia's answer above.

With the recent update, you can only change the layout for the root topic and floating topics. Using different layouts for other topics in the same mind map is no longer supported. This change was made to prevent issues like topics overlapping.

Please feel free to voice your feedback here in this thread in the Community.

Best,

Miša

• Somen Banerjee
    Somen Banerjee EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner
    edited October 4

I am really disappointed to hear this feature is no longer supported. This has always been fundamental to my approach to using Mindmeister in a way that works for me. Sadly it means I might need to see if I can find another software solution that has the flexibility that I am looking for. Is there any likelihood that this option will be reintroduced?

• Gui. C.
    Gui. C. EN Basic Posts: 9 Beginner

UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE