Every time I hit the 'f' or 'F' key, MindMeister opens 'Search' function

Brian Schween
Brian Schween EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner

In the middle of a mindmap node (entry), when I need to use the letter 'f' the search bar opens and cursor is redirected there - painful! Help

Tagged:

Answers

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi @Brian Schween ,

thanks for reaching out! This is an unfortunate issue that has been reported by multiple MindMeister users. The MindMeister team has confirmed that they can reproduce the issue and are already looking into it.

• Brian Schween
    Brian Schween EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner

Great thanks

• Sebastian Schöps
    Sebastian Schöps EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here

Same for me. How am I supposed to use this tool as the main productivity tool?! This has been going on for over a week now…

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi all,

I am sorry if you are still experiencing this issue. The MindMeister team fixed a few shortcut issues last week. Is this issue still ongoing for you?

If this issue still persists, I would recommend contacting Meister's Support Team and explain the issue in detail.

When you contact support, it'd be great to include as much information as possible:

• include which account (your email address) and mind maps are affected
    • Please enable access to your account. You can find a guide how to do this here: How to- Enable Access
    • Please send a screenshot or video with the developer console open. To open the developer console in Google Chrome, open the Chrome Menu in the upper-right-hand corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Developer Tools. You can also use Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/Linux).

• Sebastian Schöps
    Sebastian Schöps EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here

The issue still persists, but now it goes away after a page reload. It comes back again after a while.

All my mind maps are affected, but it's hard to reproduce. It just happens after while.

I will live with the workaround of reloading the page.

• Cornelia Patscheider

Hi @Sebastian Schöps ,

thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue, it all works normally for me. If you can reproduce this, then it would be great if you could take a video and contact the support team. Then someone in our tech department can take a closer look at this.