Why is Ipad App not working with Magic Keyboard?

sebastianreza
sebastianreza EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hello there,

when using Mindmeister with my IPad Pro with the magic Keyboard, I am not able to enter any text or add any node to my mindmap. For example: I create a new map, double click the text in the middle of the first node, and it immediately un-selects the node again. Same happens if I click the Plus sign.

When I remove the iPad from the Keyboard, I can add nodes/change texts without any issue.

Is this Bug known or is there any setting that I am missing?

Best,

Sebastian

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @sebastianreza, @Rooster McNugget and @Jörg Koper,

I'm afraid the magic keyboard is currently not supported on the MindMeister apps. Our developers are aware of the issue and are working on it.

I'll keep you up to date on this thread with any changes.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader
    edited December 2022

Hi @sebastianreza,

I have the same problem with the app. As you said, I have to remove the magic Keyboard to work in MindMeister, too. It's very annoying.

Have also seen, that I'm in a "only view" mode when I wanna work with the magic Keyboard. This also happens on my iPhone when I open the new version of MM.

Hope the Meister-Team can fix this next year.

Best,

Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi Sebastian (@sebastianreza) and Samuel (@Rooster McNugget),

I think that's a buggy behavoir of the App and needs to be viewed by the Dev-Team. Maybe @Miša or @Andrew Lapidus can take a view or send a note to the Dev-Team 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• sebastianreza
    sebastianreza EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Thanks for getting back to us @Miša !

Would be great to see a fix there. The Magic Keyboard is Standard Equipment with our company group and I would love to onboard my colleagues with Mindmeister :-)

Thanks for keeping us posted,

Best regards,

Sebastian

• Ronald Pizzo
    Ronald Pizzo EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

I have the same problem. I use the web version. That seems to work well with the ipad