🧠 Mapped by Meister: Dream Wedding (Event Planner)

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
edited November 2023 in Tips and Templates

Hi!

Today, we want to demonstrate how mind mapping can enhance your event planning 🎉.

Ever the romantic 💘, @Caleb Dorfman created this mind map to plan his dream wedding 💍. His mind map template is an out-of-the-box planning guide for any traditional wedding - feel free to copy the map to your account and start planning your own big day.

If you're a wedding planner by profession, you can use Caleb's template as the basis for client meetings and duplicate it indefinitely for all the lovebirds👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 you work with. Go into every discussion with a strong foundation on which you build as you get to know your clients and their personal vision 👀.

Mind Map Highlights

Using Universal Main Topics for Stronger Templates

Event planners usually have a speciality (birthdays, graduations, weddings...), making it simple to create basic mind map templates that can be duplicated and personalized indefinitely. The image below shows how Caleb's wedding planning template may have started off since each of the main topics is relevant to most weddings.

Attaching Links for Further Details

Digital brainstorms allow for changes: things can be edited, deleted and moved without the overall appearance becoming cluttered or chaotic. Here, Caleb has attached a link to a potential tuxedo for the groom. By sharing the mind map with his clients, Caleb encourages them to view attachments and respond to suggestions in the comments. Caleb can easily change the link when he learns more about what the client would like.

Enhancing with Images and Videos

So much about the perfect wedding is how it looks; that's why Caleb has added a number of images and videos to his mind map - they give a much better indication of the final outcome than text.

You can explore Caleb's mind map here. If you've got questions or feedback, we'd love to hear in the comments below 😊.

Make sure you keep checking the comments for some of this template's highlights!

Comments

• Angelika
    Angelika EN Basic Posts: 11 Active Contributor

Hey!

I'm slowly working my way through the Get Inspired categories in the community and I have to admit, I am feeling inspired! I think it's such a good idea to use more general main topics so you can duplicate the mind map and use it for different people.

Thanks so much for sharing!

P.S. I love the fun theme of this template 😍

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited July 2023

Hi @Angelika! Thanks for reaching out. I'm really glad you're feeling inspired...after all, that's what our aim is!

Please feel free to share any similar mind maps you make - we'd love to see them.