💡Feature Request: Cross-Project Timeline

2»

Comments

• Marlene Heinen
    Marlene Heinen DE Business Posts: 38 Active Contributor

😥 My teams asks constantly for this feature.
    I don't think we can use the subtaskfeature for a cross-project timeline. Either we have tones of tasks in the timeline or 5 -10 big ongoing ones. By now, we don't even tried to use Meister for capacity planning.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 671 Community Leader

I also would love to have this feature as soon as possible. It would safe me a lot of time with project planning.

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 60 Star Contributor

We all want the cross project timeline! Right now the scheduling field is nearly useless because there is no way to report on it, but perhaps an interim step could be to add "scheduled date" to the options under "date range" in the reports engine? At least with that you could run a report on the scheduled date. I don't much care if it shows in the pretty timeline thing, I just want some insight into the things I have planned to do today and tomorrow and this week across all my projects. Based on my (limited) coding experience if feels like that should not be as heavy a lift.

• Zuza Hicks
    Zuza Hicks EN Business Posts: 1 New Here

A cross-project timeline really is a crucial part of project management. Is there an update on if and when this will be implemented?

• Rooster McNugget

Hi @Cornelia Patscheider

This request has so many votes. Does Meister talks about this feature to take it on the road map?

Best, Rooster

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi @Rooster McNugget ,

you are totally right! This feature has received a ton of votes and has been suggested many times over the years. At Meister, we have internally looked into this feature idea in the past and have discussed it on numerous occasions. From what I understand, it's a VERY huge feature that would need a lot of planning, development, and implementation which would take a long time.

At the same time, the dedicated Product team at Meister is also looking at other feature ideas to see how they could enhance our daily work within MeisterTask. They carefully consider Meister's vision for MeisterTask and choose features that are not only feasible, but also align with the platform's vision.

Please be assured, if this feature is at any time added to the roadmap in the future, I will update this thread promptly. I know that many people would love to use it and would be interested in the news.

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 185 Mastermind

If this is possibility I'm in for this feature also.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

• Rooster McNugget

Thanks for your answer. I hope that Meister sees the potential in this feature and add it to the road map soon.

Best, Rooster

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 60 Star Contributor

I continue to think adding "scheduled date" to the options under "date range" in the reports engine is the best way to solve this pain point in the short term. It feels like they could effectively copy the "due" code and change the field they are searching on to "scheduled" instead of "due". I've suggested this before but haven't received any feedback on the idea.

I can see how the fancy gannt chart would be a more challenging coding project but I think most of us are just looking to be able to identify what tasks have we scheduled for a given time frame. Absent that the scheduled field is pretty useless.