Can I change the layout in the free version?

Options
MAINEMOM
MAINEMOM EN Basic Posts: 3 New Here
edited January 2023 in Ask the Community

I am trying to change the layout and the instructions say there is a layout icon in the righthand bar but I don't see it. When I read the instructions for changing the layout they say that this option is included in all levels but I wonder if it is not included in the free version?

Best Answer

Answers

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

@MAINEMOM, hi and welcome in the community! 👋

Just an other little info:

As I know you can't change the design of the map it self after starting a map. After starting a map you only can cange the layout between

• Maps metal
    • Organigrams
    • List

as @Andres D'Andrea said correctly.

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• MAINEMOM
    Options

Thank you both so much, although I do not see the three layout options when I right click. This is what I get (the list starting with Cut)

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Wow, that certainly looks like the older user interface @MAINEMOM

The features we talked about are implemented in the new MindMeister, haven't you tried upgrading to the new user interface? Check this article to know what I mean...

Did you upgrade to the new version and later rolled back?

The first thing to get the new features like the ones we described in our previous response would be to upgrade your account to the new MindMeister.

Important Warning: if you extensively use the presentation feature available in the old version of the MindMeister, please consider the implications described in this other response I left a while ago.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• MAINEMOM
    Options

haha well thank you so much. I am a very intermittent user although I am a total fan. I see that I should upgrade but when I click the upgrade link it takes me to the page to choose my plan....sorry but I still want free :) and I can't see where to actually upgrade.

thanks!

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Well, in that case, you might want to contact the internal team directly using this form, or maybe send a personal message to @Andrew Lapidus to get you properly channelled with the help team.

In fact, I was impressed to see your screenshot because I read somewhere that the previous user interface (the one in your picture) was put to sleep for good last year.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @MAINEMOM, welcome to the community!

Wow, I must say I am also completely surprised that you are somehow still able to use the old editor, which has indeed been sunsetted, as Andrés suggested! 🤔🤷‍♂️ I'm going to take a closer look at what's going on with your account with our devs.

In the meantime, you can change the map's formatting in the old editor by clicking the (i) icon in the top-left corner of your screen and choosing a new style under "Alignment." Let me know if this works for you!

Best,

Andrew