Using MindMeister with ChatGPT

Options
2»

Comments

• Glen Gatin
    Glen Gatin EN Basic Posts: 6 Beginner
    Options

Why would schools and universities not embrace AI rather than trying to control it?

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
    Options

I mean more in terms of essay writing etc. @Glen Gatin

It'll be tempting for students to submit text they've not researched or written independently

• Glen Gatin
    Options

Universities will need to restructure their notions of student output or "product". High time for that anyway.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Absolutely. That's what I told my kids when they heard and started to use ChatGPT: "It's ok to use it for school for example. But still use your brain and think about whether the info is correct and maybe check it again with a "old analog book".

If you use it for spreadsheets or MindMeister, I think it's great and a huge time saver.

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

I agree with the notion of AI arriving to stay.

There's actually a trend in career development called Prompt Engineering, that serves to illustrate how important is learning to interact with Artificial Intelligence these days…

Actually, I'm going to paraphrase something I heard last week from an entrepreneur I follow named Freddy Vega:

AI models are built to execute, not to find purpose or define context. This means that behind every AI model of today and tomorrow, there will always be a human defining the purpose and context needed to get a proper execution.

That podcast resonated a lot with something I mentioned a couple of months ago: Expertise can't be faked.

If you use AI to generate essays or content of any kind (articles, diagrams, manuals, books, etc.), you better know what the AI is talking about to avoid spreading misinformation and making a fool of yourselves.

Now more than ever, kids and people in general need to do a couple of things to succeed in life:

• Learn how to research, think critically, and communicate effectively.
    • Learn how to interact with generative AI models.

Your competitors and your competitor's kids are already doing so anyway.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Glen Gatin
    Options

It's been that way for a while now. Schools need to teach process rather than content. And most importantly people need to be taught to learn and constantly hone their learning process. Learn, unlearn, and relearn.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Options

Couldn't agree more, @Rooster McNugget and @Andres D'Andrea 👏

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    edited May 2023
    Options

I do also think, that a wrong use of AI can be very tempting for students. We still have other tools like reference books and science websites etc. at hand, to make deep researches…and then to combine them with our most powerful tool…our brain.

ChatGPT can only be seen as a supplement in creating cool articles, mind maps and other output by feeding them with the right information. This way it will work best in every kind of use case scenario. Information that are researched by an AI tool only, could distort our entire perception of the world.

Imagine people in the future, that only rely on information and knowledge, that AI told them to use. No individual thinking and opinions anymore…but a lot of funny dumb conversations instead 👀 No one wants something like that, I guess 😆

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Joerg Koper
    Options