[POTENTIAL BUG] Direct Links to MindMeister folder stopped working?

Options
baltic-tobias
baltic-tobias EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Dear community and support,

as it seems, direct links to MindMeister folders stopped working.

The link, when you are in a folder inside of MindMeister looks like this:

https://www.mindmeister.com/folders/2147205

As long as I was correctly logged in and the folder belonged to me, I was able to directly jump to that folder. I use it, as I organize MindMaps for clients (work as a consultant) in one folder. When I have the next online-meeting with that client, I was able to directly jump to that folder (copied folder link to my calendar entry), rather than manually searching for it or linkin individual mindmaps.

Unfortunately, since a few days, that stopped working. When I enter a folder link, it is changed to something like this and I get an error message.

https://www.mindmeister.com/maps/dashboard/2147205? (... longer link)

Do others experience the same problem? Could you please find a solution for a paying registeres user to somehow create direct links to mindmeister folders again?

Thanks a lot!

:-) Tobias

Best Answers

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all! Sorry to hear that these links aren't working — I have also been able to reproduce this issue on my end. Looks like the last deploy may have caused an issue.

I'm investigating this issue with our developers and will update you all ASAP as soon as I have more information.

Best,

Andrew

• Andrew Lapidus
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all - a fix for this bug has been confirmed and will be implemented with the next deploy - thanks for your patience here!

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Hello @baltic-tobias, welcome to the community, and thanks for reaching out to us in this platform.

I understand what you mean, and I can confirm that the same issue is happening to me in my account, as shown in the following image:

Maybe this one will need internal escalation, so I'm tagging our friend @Andrew Lapidus to help us with that.

Stay in touch, best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• baltic-tobias
    baltic-tobias EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

Great - thank you for the quick reaction and efforts to solve this problem.

Would be really helpful for me to link the folders. as I have created a lot of MindMaps and this is a good way to organize them.

Another solution - or hepful feature: Have you thought about the possibility to tag MindMaps (more than one tag per Map possible) and have an easy search or filter for findung MindMaps with the same tag? What do you think about that?

Thanks a lot!

Tobias

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Hello @Andrew Lapidus thanks for the follow-up.

I find it so cool that it's been checked already by the Dev Team (quick observation: I presume this Community gives users much better access to Team Meister than ever before; am I right?).

In the other hand, @baltic-tobias, your idea about tagging mind maps sounds like a great feature request. I suggest you write it down here, so you can promote it and get actively involved in the betterment of the product we love and use every day.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

• Andrew Lapidus
    Options

Love the idea of having tags (or any other piece of metadata) to help organize lots of maps @baltic-tobias! Would definitely make a great feature request.

To your point @Andres D'Andrea - absolutely! It's been really amazing to see the connections that the community has created not only between customer facing teams and customers, but also from our between dev teams, product managers, designers etc. and customers! Last week was "innovation week" at Meister, where devs had the chance to step away from scheduled product roadmaps to pursue other features or projects that interested them. It's amazing to see how many devs looked to the community for inspiration on new features!

• Admin BSF.company
    Options

I can see how having access to the source of user-generated feedback can be an inspirational experience for any agile team of developers.

I'm sure Eric Ries would be proud.