Why can't I unsubscribe from MindMeister emails?

Options
vargula
vargula EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited June 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi, Mindmeister gives me no other way of communicating this other than community (I apologise).

I note Mindmeister emails do NOT give any simple "unsubscribe" options on their marketing emails. They should.

They should have a support email even for free, they should not force use of this community board.

Vargula

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JPE3 - all marketing e-mails sent by Meister include an unsubscribe link in the footer, but you can also manually change your newsletter settings under your notification preferences (link here). If you've received an email where the unsubscribe link doesn't work, please forward it to support@mindmeister.com and we'll take a look ASAP!

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Hello @vargula welcome to the community. There's nothing to apology for, this is a welcoming space to ask for help, and request information about Meister's products.

We're happy to assist you!

Look, I just checked in one of the newsletters I saved from MindMeister a while ago, and the footer of that email shows an option to unsubscribe, as shown in the following image:

In my case, it says, "Darse de baja" because I've got Spanish set as my language in the platform, and all the communication I receive is in Spanish.

I'm pretty sure in your case it will say Unsubscribe, or something similar. Just look at the footer, in the same place I pointed above.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• JPE3
    JPE3 EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner
    Options

That does not work. That link merely brings you back to the site. You can report a website that does not allow you to unsubscribe from their mailing list to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by filling out a complaint form on their website. The FTC is responsible for enforcing the CAN-SPAM Act, which sets standards for commercial emails and gives recipients the right to stop receiving them.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @JPE3 and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I'll inform the Meister-Team about your concerns, and they will get back to you as soon as possible. You can be sure, that Meister is taking data protection and law absolutely serious.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.