Short workflow for formatting text in MeisterTask with ChatGPT

Joerg Koper
Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
edited August 2023 in Get Inspired

Hi guys ๏ปฟ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜‰

inspired by the great post "using MindMeister with ChatGPT" from @Andrew Lapidus I had a spontanious idea this morning. What if we let ChatGPT format complex and time-consuming texts and link lists in MeisterTask for us?

This steps took me less than 3 minutes and ChatGPT much less to progress ๐Ÿ˜…

The command, followed by the output:

Inserted the copied code directly into a task description:

Done:

If you have a project with a selection of links (project research for example), this workflow is a time saver of it's best.

Now let's format some text with the following command:

Here we go:

Copied and directly pasted into the task:

Done:

I have saved this template and can now use it for any text that needs to be structured in this way. Individual adjustments for other programmes are possible at any time and are quickly implemented by ChatGPT.

I love automations ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‹

Feel free to test this out by yourself and try your own experiments ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

Best, Jรถrg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister fรผhre ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops fรผr die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Comments

• Joerg Koper

@Olaf Roeb

Hi Olaf,

you can paste the formatted text into a MeisterNote too. Only one additional paragraph was created under the headings, which I corrected in seconds. Shouldn't be a problem to create templates for MeisterNote workflows too.

I think, ChatGPT is a cool thing to play with but also a way to work smarter in all other relevant business parts, including powerful workflows for the Meister Suite ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

Best, Jรถrg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister fรผhre ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops fรผr die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    edited January 2023

Thank you, Jรถrg, sorry, I need to clarify my question to: Can you imagine (please don't try if you don't need it for yourself, I need to experiment on that myself anyway) a workflow to preformat MeisterNote into blocks/blockstyles to result in styles like this exemplary screenshot of a Note of mine:

• Joerg Koper
    edited January 2023

I understand @Olaf Roeb ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

I think, because of the special workflow in MeisterNote with the / followed by the menu of available formattings the solution could be a script on your machine. There are surely already some very good programmes for recording macros available. ChatGPT is only processing what you tell it in his own work space.

But if you let ChatGPT do the first formatting of your text, you can do the finetuning in short steps after you have pasted it in MeisterNote ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Olaf Roeb

Thank you so much, Jรถrg. I am really curious by now to find out what is possible with ChatGPT - alone and in combination with the Suite. Hab einen schรถnen Nachmittag!

• Joerg Koper

You will be surprised what ChatGPT is able to do @Olaf Roeb . Countless opportunities... ๐Ÿ‘€

Dir auch eine schรถnen Tag und eine entspannte Restwoche Olaf ๏ปฟ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜‰

• Samuel Schlรคpfer
    Samuel Schlรคpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi everybody,

I just let translate this text:

Wow, the software is amazing! I just tried CHATGPT and I'm speechless! The results are simply crazy! By the way, I wrote this text in German and had it translated. The speed at which my text was translated is simply crazy! I think I will translate my texts more often through openai in the future!

Iโ€˜m really impressed! ๐Ÿ˜‚ This thing is amazing!

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Olaf Roeb
    edited January 2023

With AI really working for my benefit it's a moment I expect to compare with the experience of the British when they first saw Alan Turing's machine working on decoding and CodeBreaking German secret messages in Bletchley Park :-)

• Joerg Koper

@Rooster McNugget

Hey Samuel,๐Ÿ˜‚

I see...you're infected with the ChatGPT Virus too ๐Ÿ˜‚

This project is just awesome, isn't it?

Best, Jรถrg ๏ปฟ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜‰

• Joerg Koper

I'm sure a lot of people have actually thought the same way the last weeks Olaf ๐Ÿ˜„

I have tried codings and other stuff and it worked incredibly fast. This is one of the most powerful tools I have had at my disposal so far.

• Samuel Schlรคpfer
    Samuel Schlรคpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Man, it hit me hard! ๐ŸคฃNow I have to schedule my work time better until my curiosity about the many possibilities of ChatGPT settles down!๐Ÿ˜

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    edited January 2023

@Andrew Lapidus

That's brilliant Andrew ๐Ÿ˜‚

I absolutely agree with your thoughts ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ And "nerdish by nature" as I am, I always try to figure out how to shorten workflows and how to deligate them to AI-Software as often as possible too.

Would be great if Meister some day would have implemented an API to ChatGP and could offer those workflows directly in the Meister Suite....may I should write a feature request? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Best, Jรถrg

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Agreed - Chat GPT and other AI tools have totally changed the conversation for tech companies everywhere - just read about Google's major investment in a potential Chat GPT competitor last week.

The situation is similar at Meister - our devs just finished "innovation week", and there was quite a lot of internal discussion about where AI will lead the Meister Suite, with some exciting propositions ๐Ÿ˜ There's nothing firmly on the roadmap yet, as it's still a bit of an open question as to the most ideal way to implement machine learning and AI, but the team is definitely aiming in this direction...๐Ÿ˜Ž More news to follow!

• Joerg Koper
    edited January 2023

As far as I know Microsoft is planning to make a major investment in ChatGPT too. Heard about 10 billion dollars. We will see ๐Ÿ˜Š

This all reads very fascinatingly Andrew and I am sure that Meister will also have very powerful AI tools at his disposal in the future.

• Olaf Roeb

A superb tool-free real-life-only plan for a weekend in the beautiful Black Forest winter landscapes - GONE! That's so amazing...

• Olaf Roeb

Remember, Jรถrg, shortening workflows can be a very time-consuming process...

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Wow, I missed this thread before.

I've so much to test for myself with everything I just saw here. Thanks for the insightful discussion, gentlemen!

Keep those good ideas coming ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

@Jรถrg Koper I was wondering if some of these methods you described here could be used to avoid the manual formatting described by @Andrew Lapidus in point 3 of this other post...?

I probably will have time to test and try for myself the next weekend, but I wanted to know from your experience guys if manually "tabbing" all topics could be avoided in some way.

Best regards.

• Joerg Koper
    edited February 2023

Good morning mate ๏ปฟ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm pretty sure, that it will work @Andres D'Andrea, and I'm sure, that you can tell us in the next days, how it can be made ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

I think we can tell ChatGPT in a related command, with which offset the sub-points should have to be arranged. In this post I have used a similar "command", but with a closer look we see a little mistake, because I didn't create the main topic ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜‹

Have a great day, Andres

Jรถrg

• Andrew Lapidus
    edited February 2023

Would also be very interested in a method of avoiding this tabbing. Will take a quick look...

EDIT: Hm.. no, MindMeister didn't seem to like that. Maybe you'd have better luck Andres?

As a side note, I actually think that importing outlines etc. into MindMeister could be a much more streamlined process... imho it seems to a bit a bit finicky with the outlines it recognizes. Might create a feature request of my own!

• Admin BSF.company

Thanks @Jรถrg Koper, I'll give it a try and get back with comments here buddy.

@Andrew Lapidus, in case importing the full outline is too complicated, maybe we could suggest an easier way of formatting the thing manually.

A while ago, I noticed the necessity of having to manually jump between the mouse and the keyboard on the new MindMeister Outline Mode. Like you showed in the GIF above.

One suggestion could be mimicking the user interface of another solution called Workflowy (bulleted lists on steroids)

One could spend hours working in Workflowy without touching the mouse because everything is doable with just the keyboard, and, in my case, that's the real pain when I have to work in the Outline Mode of MindMeister: the constant jumping between mouse and keyboard.

I mean, I have no problems with having to format the outline manuallyโ€ฆ But having to jump between the mouse and the keyboardโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ž

Do you think this could fit in the same request? Or better make a separate one?

In case you think it's better to bundle the request, please tag me if you post it to include my comments, and maybe, some illustrations of what I mean.

Cheers ๐Ÿ‘

• Joerg Koper
    edited February 2023

@Andres D'Andrea @Andrew Lapidus

Hi guys ๏ปฟ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ™‚

I have created a command and saved it as a shortcut. The command to remove the "Main Heading" refers to the title "Main Heading" that would automatically be created by ChatGPT ๐Ÿ˜„

Then I used my shortcut in ChatGPT and inserted some desired topics and nodes:

My result:

Inserted in outline mode of MindMeister:

Result as a Mind Map:

This test took about five minutes ๐Ÿ™‚

... I'm afraid, we can't work that fast. Not to forget, how much faster ChatGPT's output would be, if we tell it to make some researches about anything for us and to format the output like in the example above ๐Ÿ‘€

What do you think?

Best, Jรถrg

• Admin BSF.company

@Jรถrg Koper --> no words, brother! ๐Ÿ‘†

Thanks for your help and diligence, good fellow ๐Ÿ™

• Joerg Koper
    edited February 2023

๏ปฟ๐Ÿ˜‚๏ปฟ @Andres D'Andrea

I think, this toy has lots of potential Andres ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Š

• Andrew Lapidus

amazing, You cracked the code! ๐Ÿ™Œ ๐Ÿ™Œ I never would have considered using the phrasing "move the subheadings one step to the right" - this led to the exact formatting I was trying to create with all sorts of different combinations of explaining "indentation" to ChatGPT. Interesting how using AI tools in itself becomes its own skill!

Definitely agree with you @Andres D'Andrea re: outline mode โ€” imho, the the feature could use some improvement. After writing my comment yesterday, I had a bit of a chat with our MindMeister Product Manager about outline mode and the general workflows for turning text into mind maps. From this chat, it seems clear to me that the team will in the future look towards a solution for this workflow involves MeisterNote. For example, being able to use MeisterNote blocks (to-dos, bullets etc.) as the basis of a mind map would allow a native integration to MindMeister (read: more accuracy and smoother experience.)

• Joerg Koper
    edited February 2023

๐Ÿ˜„ @Andrew Lapidus

I have to admit, that I also had to learn in the beginnings of my work with AI, that it's often a good way to explain it things like a child ๐Ÿ˜‰

But as I said, I see a lot of potential in ChatGPT. Even for the integrated work with the API's of Meister. I think it would be a good idea, to talk about it more detailed in Slack. As far as I can see, @Andres D'Andrea is also very close to come aboard ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜Ž

I'm wishing you all a relaxed weekend.

Best, Jรถrg

• Andrew Lapidus
  • Admin BSF.company

@Andrew Lapidus, as I said to @Jรถrg Koper last week in a PM:

I'm pretty excited about the potential these two threads have shown in the last weeks:

Depending on what one does for a living, โ˜ those could be the two most valuable threads in the whole community, for sure!

Thanks for your inputs, and keep it up folks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘