Why does only one node resize when I've selected them all?

Options
Nathanael Coyne
Nathanael Coyne EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 56 Star Contributor
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

When I select multiple nodes they all have their resize handles shown, so I expect when I resize one they will all resize - either snapping to a common width or resizing by the same distance e.g. 250px + n, 320px + n

But instead only one of the selected resizes:

What do you expect?

Best Answer

• Jens Brinch Moeller
    Jens Brinch Moeller International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 31 Star Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @NathanaelCBR,

Thank you for the sharing - however I think the issue is more like a mix of connectivity and choice of browser and difficulty and not at least expectations to the chosen product...

In my opinion you will have to accept that there is a tradeoff between price, functionality and design, no matter whether it is a local installation or an online version 🧐

It is always a balance between mandatory, needed and nice-to-have - and the products providing an online solution has one general flaw; they all are dependent on local connectivity and the end-user choice of preferred browser 🤓

Been working from locations +3 years, where you on a very good day had 3,5 Mbit download and 0,5 Mbit upload you accept, that some features can only be handled one at a time 🤓

I did choose MEISTER due to the positive experience, that their solution did work under such technical limitations.

One thing I have noticed among the various mind mapping products is, that none of their online versions behaves similar to their local client installation of the same product.

I would suggest to the MEISTER team (@Eva Schindler), that they include a "menu-based" option to resize the selected topics as you expected - that will be the best way to solve, what you are looking for seen from my experience.

Regards,

Jens Brinch

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

##################

Follow me on LinkedIn and at Kaje Engineering